Appearance, Personality, and Traits of a German Shepherd Border Collie Mix
|Weight||Male: 21 to 29 inches Female: 18 to 24 inches|
|Height||Male: 70 to 80 pounds, 45 to 60 pounds if it takes after the Border Collie parent Female: 65 to 75 pounds, 45 to 60 pounds if it takes after the Border Collie parent|
- How big do Border Collie German Shepherd mixes get? This is a medium to large-sized crossbreed. It weighs around 45 to 80 pounds (20 to 36 kg) and stands about 22 to 29 inches (56 to 74 cm) tall. Typically, male Shepherd-Collies are bigger, with a height of 27 to 29 inches (69 to 74 cm).
- 1 Are German Shepherd collie mix good dogs?
- 2 Are border collie German shepherds aggressive?
- 3 How smart is a border collie German Shepherd mix?
- 4 What does a Shollie dog look like?
- 5 Can a Shollie be left alone?
- 6 Are border collies aggressive?
- 7 How big will a Shollie get?
- 8 What’s the best German shepherd mix?
- 9 Do Border Collies shed?
- 10 What is a blue heeler Border Collie mix?
- 11 How long do border collies live?
- 12 How big will a Husky Border Collie mix get?
- 13 How big do Shepweilers get?
Are German Shepherd collie mix good dogs?
German Shepherds and Collies rank as two of the most intelligent dogs, so you can expect your Shollie to be eager to learn new things and quick to pick up on new commands. Shepherd Collie Mixes are fiercely protective while also being very gentle with the people they love, so they make great family dogs.
Are border collie German shepherds aggressive?
Naturally, this breed is not an aggressive breed but it is always good to socialize a puppy with other puppies to teach them canine manners. The Border Collie Shepherd Mix should be easy and enjoyable to train because they are so intelligent.
How smart is a border collie German Shepherd mix?
Both border collies and German shepherds are highly intelligent, and their offspring tend to inherit this characteristic. They learn quickly and are highly adaptable. Shollies can generally figure out what is needed from them quickly in new situations. Bred as training dogs, Shollies also tend to be easy to please.
What does a Shollie dog look like?
Shollies are a large dog breed. They have medium-length hair and come in a wide variety of colors such as black, brown, black and white, red, gray, or brindle (black, vertical stripes like a tiger). This hybrid breed can be anywhere from 28-29 inches tall and weigh between 70 and 80 lbs.
Can a Shollie be left alone?
Shollie Temperament The Shollie is especially fond and protective of children and may often herd them. However, children should never be left alone with a Shollie, or any other dog, for both the dog and the child’s safety. The Shollie tends to be aloof with strangers but never overly shy or aggressive.
Are border collies aggressive?
Border collies are not known to be aggressive, and they are generally considered a safe breed. However, there are occasions when border collies can be aggressive. This is true of any dog, and is not something to be alarmed or concerned about.
How big will a Shollie get?
The Shollie is a large dog. As is always the case with newer mixed dog breeds, exact size standards might vary. Most weigh in at 70 to 80 pounds and range in height from 21 to 29 inches.
What’s the best German shepherd mix?
17 German Shepherd Mixes: Mixed Breeds At The Top Of Their Class
- Golden Shepherd (German Shepherd / Golden Retriever Mix)
- The Shug (German Shepherd / Pug Mix)
- Chow Shepherd or Chow Chow (German Shepherd / Chow Mix)
- Labrashepherd (German Shepherd / Labrador Mix)
Do Border Collies shed?
Do Border Collies shed a lot of hair? For most Border Collies, they do indeed shed hair. Due to the breeds’ double-coated long hair, it is inevitable that you will see some shedding. During moulting season, it’s important to regularly brush and groom your pet to avoid the matting of hair.
What is a blue heeler Border Collie mix?
The Border Heeler is a hybrid dog breed which is the result of breeding a Border Collie with an Australian Cattle Dog (a.k.a. Blue Heeler). This is a hybrid dog breed whose energy levels are high as contributed from both breed parents. They are also very intelligent, alert, loyal and protective.
How long do border collies live?
How fast can a Shollie run? The average speed of the German Shepherd is approximately 30 mph (48.2 kph) while the Border Collie clocks in an average speed of around 20-30 mph (32.1-48.2 kph). These purebred herding dogs are the parent breeds of the shepherd collie mix or the Shollie.
How big will a Husky Border Collie mix get?
The Border Husky hybrid is a medium sized dog and he measures between 18 and 22 inches tall, from paw to shoulder, and he weighs between 30 to 45 pounds. He is slightly more compact than his Husky parent, but taller and more muscular than the Collie.
How big do Shepweilers get?
The Shepweiler is a large dog that can easily grow up to 115 pounds and about two feet at the shoulders.