As the Shepsky is a relatively new breed, there are few standards when it comes to size. That said, as a mix between German Shepherd and Siberian Husky parents, you can expect Shepskies to be medium to large in size. Most weigh in at 45 to 88 pounds and range in height from 20 to 25 inches at the shoulder.
- How big do German Shepherd Husky mix dogs get? Adult males can weigh as much as 80 pounds. They can get up to 25 inches tall, making them quite large. Are Shepsky’s good family dogs? These dogs make fantastic family dogs. They’re fiercely loyal and will bond with everyone in the family without any problems.
- 1 Are husky German shepherd mix good dogs?
- 2 Are husky German shepherd mix aggressive?
- 3 Are Shepskys good family dogs?
- 4 How much does a husky mixed with German shepherd cost?
- 5 Do Shepskys like to cuddle?
- 6 Do shepherd husky mix shed?
- 7 Are Shepskys easy to train?
- 8 What is a good husky mix?
- 9 What is a German Shepherd husky mix called?
- 10 How much do German Shepherd husky mix shed?
- 11 What’s the best German shepherd mix?
- 12 How much exercise does a German shepherd husky mix need?
Are husky German shepherd mix good dogs?
German Shepherd Husky Mixes can be good with children and with other pets if they’re well-socialized and well-trained from an early age. Known to be intelligent and extremely loyal, the German Shepherd Husky Mix is a fun loving, sweet, and pleasant dog. It is great service or companion dog for the family.
Are husky German shepherd mix aggressive?
The Mix. Gerberian Shepskies are the ultimate dogs, meaning they possess traits of both huskies and German Shepherds. This hybrid is loyal, intelligent, playful and easy to train. A German shepsky is an instinctively Alpha dog and may get aggressive or do its own thing if the owner is not firm.
Are Shepskys good family dogs?
The Gerberian Shepsky is loyal, alert, affectionate and intelligent. They can be reserved and a bit wary with stranger’s due to their protective instincts to the owner and their family. They are good with children, but are not so good with cats and other dogs unless they have been socialized thoroughly.
How much does a husky mixed with German shepherd cost?
The average cost of a German Shepherd Husky mix puppy is from $800 up to over $1,500, depending on where you live and on the achievements and pedigree of the puppy’s parents. Because the Gerberian Shepsky is so popular, you’ll find plenty of breeders online.
Do Shepskys like to cuddle?
With lots of love and attention, your Gerberian Shepsky will settle into a nice routine of work and play. Be sure to snuggle up for plenty of cuddles at the end of a long day!
Do shepherd husky mix shed?
Grooming and Shedding The Gerberian Shepsky is a moderate shedder, so if you’re planning on bringing this dog home, you’ll have to make sure that no one in the family has allergies. If someone in the family does have allergies, you may want to consider looking into hypoallergenic dogs.
Are Shepskys easy to train?
Shepskies that take after their shepherd parent are typically very intelligent, loyal and focused; those who more closely resemble their husky parent are usually loyal and affectionate, but they are more difficult to manage and prone to wandering off if allowed off a leash train.
What is a good husky mix?
Husky Mix Breeds
- Pitsky (Husky and Pitbull Terrier)
- Gerberian Shepsky (Husky and German Shepherd)
- Cusky (Husky and Corgi)
- Rottsky (Husky and Rottweiler)
- Alusky (Husky and Alaskan Malamute)
- Pomsky (Husky and Pomeranian)
- Hug (Husky and Pug)
- Goberian (Husky and Golden Retriever)
What is a German Shepherd husky mix called?
The Shepsky is a mixed breed dog–a cross between the German Shepherd and Siberian Husky dog breeds. Medium in size, energetic, and loyal, these pups inherited some of the best qualities from both of their parents. The Shepsky is also commonly called the Gerberian Shepsky.
How much do German Shepherd husky mix shed?
The Siberan Husky and German Shepherd both are heavy shedding breeds, with thick double-coats suited to cold climates. However, as a mix, the Gerberian Shepsky tends to be a moderate shedder (although some high-shedding variations can occur).
What’s the best German shepherd mix?
The Best German Shepherd Mixes
- Golden Shepherd. Parents: Golden Retriever x German Shepherd mix.
- Shug. Parents: Pug x German Shepherd mix.
- Chow Shepherd. Parents: Chow Chow x German Shepherd mix.
- Labrashepherd. Parents: Labrador x German Shepherd mix.
- Gerberian Shepsky.
- Corman Shepherd.
How much exercise does a German shepherd husky mix need?
Shepskies love to exercise. A husky German shepherd mix needs at least one hour of exercise per day, but two or more hours is ideal. A spacious and open backyard can help a shepsky get a lot of the exercise it needs.