German Shepherd puppies can range in price anywhere from $500 to up to $20,000. The huge difference in price depends on several factors, including location, breeder, parentage, and life purpose. German Shepherd Puppies kept as pets usually range between $500-1500, whereas show dog puppies range from $1500-$5000.
- Most German Shepherd puppies will cost you anywhere between $500 – $1500, but the cost will depend on whether the dog is coming from a registered breeder, or a local breeder. In addition, a German Shepherd puppy may be purebred, or from a high quality line of German Shepherds. In these cases, the puppy may cost upwards of $3000 dollars.
- 1 What is the average price for a German Shepherd puppy?
- 2 Why are German Shepherd puppies so expensive?
- 3 What is the price of German Shepherd puppy in 2020?
- 4 How much should I pay for a German Shepherd?
- 5 What’s the most expensive dog?
- 6 What is the most expensive puppy to buy?
- 7 How much does a German Shepherd cost per month?
- 8 How do you pick a German Shepherd puppy from a litter?
- 9 What is the world’s cheapest dog?
- 10 Is German shepherd a good dog?
- 11 Which is the strongest dog in the world?
- 12 How much is a trained German Shepherd cost?
- 13 How much is a black German Shepherd worth?
- 14 How much are vet bills for German Shepherds?
What is the average price for a German Shepherd puppy?
If you are buying a puppy from a breeder you can expect to pay anywhere from $600-$1500. The average price of a German Shepherd puppy is $1000. As a general rule reputable breeders tend to charge higher prices because they put more time, effort, and money into caring for their breeding dogs and puppies.
Why are German Shepherd puppies so expensive?
Why are German Shepherd puppies so expensive? The main reason German Shepherd puppies cost so much is that the cost of breeding German Shepherds and raising the puppies is not cheap. Below is a chart breaking down the approximate costs associated with breeding.
What is the price of German Shepherd puppy in 2020?
The average cost of a German Shepherd in India is between ₹15,000 to ₹40,000. German Shepherd variants such as the White Shepherd, King Shepherd, bush coat German Shepherd, working line German Shepherd costs between ₹25,000 to ₹60,000.
How much should I pay for a German Shepherd?
Are you looking at adding a German Shepherd to your family and wonder how much you should budget for a puppy? This breed is not cheap – the quick answer is that you should plan to spend between $1,500-$3,000 for a German Shepherd from health-tested parents.
What’s the most expensive dog?
Top-10 Most Expensive Dogs
- Dogo Argentino – $8,000.
- Canadian Eskimo Dog – $8,750.
- Rottweiler – $9,000.
- Azawakh – $9,500.
- Tibetan Mastiff – $10,000.
- Chow Chow – $11,000.
- Löwchen – $12,000.
- Samoyed – $14,000. Coming in at the #1 overall spot for the most expensive dog in the world is the Samoyed originating from Siberia.
What is the most expensive puppy to buy?
7 most expensive dog breeds across the world
- English Bulldog. Estimated price: Rs 1,55,000-Rs 2,05,000.
- Pharoah Hound. Estimated price: Up to Rs 4,15,000.
- Cavalier King Charles Spaniel. Estimated price: Rs 62,000-Rs 9,00,000.
- Tibetan Mastiff. Estimated price: Up to Rs 4,50,000.
How much does a German Shepherd cost per month?
The cost of owning a German Shepherd can be around $85 per month once you have paid for your pup (the average initial buying cost being $2000). Therefore, the lifetime cost of owning a German Shepherd over 10 years can be up to $12,230, for both the cost of the puppy plus all food and care expenses.
How do you pick a German Shepherd puppy from a litter?
Selecting your German Shepherd puppy from a litter
- Choose a puppy that is sociable around you and other puppies.
- Pick a puppy that walks confidently with its head high and tail up and wagging.
- Choose a puppy that has clear eyes, ears, and teeth, walks evenly, and appears clean.
- Look at the personalities of the puppies.
What is the world’s cheapest dog?
6 of the Least Expensive Dog Breeds to Own
- American Foxhound. While there are also English Foxhounds which are said to run about $100 or so for a puppy, we’re going with the American because we can.
- Black and Tan Coonhound.
- Rat Terrier.
- Miniature Pinscher.
- Golden Retriever.
Is German shepherd a good dog?
German shepherd dogs (GSD) are noble, diligent, loyal, and highly intelligent dogs. They are excellent performing as working dogs, especially in police and military operations. They also make highly effective guard dogs. Of course, the German shepherd dog also makes a wonderful companion in the right home.
Which is the strongest dog in the world?
10 of the strongest dog breeds in the world
- Mastiff. Described as “massive” and “heavy-boned,” this giant breed, which can weigh up to 200 pounds, are known to be loyal and protective of their families.
- Saint Bernard.
- Irish Wolfhound.
- Rhodesian Ridgeback.
- Siberian Husky.
How much is a trained German Shepherd cost?
The average price of German Shepherd training is $30 to $80 per basic obedience class. Most people spend about $50 per hour for professional dog trainers depending on where they live. Dog obedience training schools cost $250 to $700 per week. Expect to pay $600 to $1,250 per week for a dog boot camp.
How much is a black German Shepherd worth?
You can expect to pay anywhere from $800 to $2,000 for a high-quality, completely black puppy. This is significantly more expensive than the $500 to $1,500 you can expect to pay for a usual German Shepherd. However, this is still much cheaper than you might expect for a large dog.
How much are vet bills for German Shepherds?
Annual costs to consider for an adult German Shepherd: Veterinary Care (regular care not an emergency), including general care and laboratory tests: $60 – $140; Immunizations: $35 – $80; Internal and external parasite treatment and control: $125 – $200; Food: $225 – $500; and.