On average, the cost of a German Shepherd ranges from $500-$1,500. According to NextDayPets, the average price is $800 for a dog that’s bred to be a family pet. The price goes up for show-quality dogs with an exceptional lineage.
- If you’re interested to know the details about how much German Shepherds cost, then keep on reading. How Much Does A German Shepherd Cost? Overall, German Shepherds cost anywhere between $450 and $1900, with the most common price being around $1000. While you can find them both cheaper and more expensive, these are the most common prices out there.
- 1 How much does a German Shepherd puppy cost?
- 2 Are German Shepherds expensive to own?
- 3 Why are German Shepherd puppies so expensive?
- 4 What’s the most expensive dog?
- 5 How much is a black German Shepherd?
- 6 How much is a pitbull?
- 7 How much is a white German shepherd?
- 8 Are German shepherds aggressive?
- 9 What is the most expensive puppy to buy?
- 10 How do you pick a German Shepherd puppy from a litter?
- 11 What is the lifespan of a German Shepherd?
- 12 What dog cost $5000?
- 13 What is the cheapest dog you can buy?
How much does a German Shepherd puppy cost?
If you are buying a puppy from a breeder you can expect to pay anywhere from $600-$1500. The average price of a German Shepherd puppy is $1000. As a general rule reputable breeders tend to charge higher prices because they put more time, effort, and money into caring for their breeding dogs and puppies.
Are German Shepherds expensive to own?
The cost of owning a German Shepherd can be around $85 per month once you have paid for your pup (the average initial buying cost being $2000). Therefore, the lifetime cost of owning a German Shepherd over 10 years can be up to $12,230, for both the cost of the puppy plus all food and care expenses.
Why are German Shepherd puppies so expensive?
Why are German Shepherd puppies so expensive? The main reason German Shepherd puppies cost so much is that the cost of breeding German Shepherds and raising the puppies is not cheap. Below is a chart breaking down the approximate costs associated with breeding.
What’s the most expensive dog?
Top-10 Most Expensive Dogs
- Dogo Argentino – $8,000.
- Canadian Eskimo Dog – $8,750.
- Rottweiler – $9,000.
- Azawakh – $9,500.
- Tibetan Mastiff – $10,000.
- Chow Chow – $11,000.
- Löwchen – $12,000.
- Samoyed – $14,000. Coming in at the #1 overall spot for the most expensive dog in the world is the Samoyed originating from Siberia.
How much is a black German Shepherd?
You can expect to pay anywhere from $800 to $2,000 for a high-quality, completely black puppy. This is significantly more expensive than the $500 to $1,500 you can expect to pay for a usual German Shepherd. However, this is still much cheaper than you might expect for a large dog.
How much is a pitbull?
A Pitbull puppy price from a reputable breeder can average from $2100 to $21,000. These are puppies that come from prestigious lines. However, it is possible to find Pitbull puppies that cost from $810 to $1,100. These guard dogs when purebred can be very costly.
How much is a white German shepherd?
As these dogs are relatively rare, breeders can charge more for a White German Shepherd puppy. While the average puppy price for a standard German Shepherd starts at about $300 and goes up to $900, White German Shepherd puppies cost between $750 – 1000.
Are German shepherds aggressive?
The breed is naturally protective of its owners. If the German Shepherd is not properly socialized, it can become too aggressive with strangers. The German Shepherd is more likely to bite a stranger than a Labrador Retriever, but it is not nearly as aggressive breed as a Pit bull or Rottweiler.
What is the most expensive puppy to buy?
7 most expensive dog breeds across the world
- English Bulldog. Estimated price: Rs 1,55,000-Rs 2,05,000.
- Pharoah Hound. Estimated price: Up to Rs 4,15,000.
- Cavalier King Charles Spaniel. Estimated price: Rs 62,000-Rs 9,00,000.
- Tibetan Mastiff. Estimated price: Up to Rs 4,50,000.
How do you pick a German Shepherd puppy from a litter?
Selecting your German Shepherd puppy from a litter
- Choose a puppy that is sociable around you and other puppies.
- Pick a puppy that walks confidently with its head high and tail up and wagging.
- Choose a puppy that has clear eyes, ears, and teeth, walks evenly, and appears clean.
- Look at the personalities of the puppies.
What is the lifespan of a German Shepherd?
1. LÖWCHEN. Löwchens are a petite, long-haired dog that have been a popular breed since the Renaissance, and are even featured prominently in paintings from that period. Nowadays, these “little lions” are extremely rare, pushing their cost to as much as $10,000 in some places around the world.
What dog cost $5000?
An Egyptian Pharaoh hound puppy costs about $5,000. The Thailand Ridgeback is among the 10 most expensive dog breeds because it’s the rarest registered dog breed in America. Thailand Ridgebacks resemble Dobermans.
What is the cheapest dog you can buy?
6 of the Least Expensive Dog Breeds to Own
- American Foxhound. While there are also English Foxhounds which are said to run about $100 or so for a puppy, we’re going with the American because we can.
- Black and Tan Coonhound.
- Rat Terrier.
- Miniature Pinscher.
- Golden Retriever.