This breed is not cheap – the quick answer is that you should plan to spend between $1,500-$3,000 for a German Shepherd from health-tested parents. While it is possible to find puppies without papers for much less (as little as $200 in some cases), these usually come from lines without health and temperament testing.
- A Purebred German Shepherd Puppy will cost about $500 from a shelter or rescue organization. A Purebred German Shepherd Puppy from a breeder can cost anywhere from $1,000-$3,000. The price has such a big range based on a number of factors. The factors that contribute to the cost are:
- 1 How much is a purebred German Shepherd puppy?
- 2 What is the price of German Shepherd puppy in 2020?
- 3 What is the rarest German Shepherd color?
- 4 Why are German Shepherd puppies so expensive?
- 5 What is the world’s cheapest dog?
- 6 What is a good price for a German Shepherd puppy?
- 7 Are German shepherd double coat?
- 8 What is the most expensive German Shepherd?
- 9 What is a black German Shepherd called?
- 10 How do you pick a German Shepherd puppy from a litter?
- 11 How much is a stud fee for a German Shepherd?
- 12 What is the most expensive puppy to buy?
How much is a purebred German Shepherd puppy?
Reputable breeders, when pricing their German Shepherd puppies, must factor in the expenses involved in breeding, feeding, raising, and caring for the pups as well as their mother. A reasonable price for a purebred German Shepherd puppy should be around $1200- $2000, depending on your location and the litter size.
What is the price of German Shepherd puppy in 2020?
The average cost of a German Shepherd in India is between ₹15,000 to ₹40,000. German Shepherd variants such as the White Shepherd, King Shepherd, bush coat German Shepherd, working line German Shepherd costs between ₹25,000 to ₹60,000.
What is the rarest German Shepherd color?
The rarest color of German Shepherd is the isabella due to the recessive combination of liver and blue. You will have to search for a long time to get such a puppy – and his price will likely be high as well!
Why are German Shepherd puppies so expensive?
Why are German Shepherd puppies so expensive? The main reason German Shepherd puppies cost so much is that the cost of breeding German Shepherds and raising the puppies is not cheap. Below is a chart breaking down the approximate costs associated with breeding.
What is the world’s cheapest dog?
6 of the Least Expensive Dog Breeds to Own
- American Foxhound. While there are also English Foxhounds which are said to run about $100 or so for a puppy, we’re going with the American because we can.
- Black and Tan Coonhound.
- Rat Terrier.
- Miniature Pinscher.
- Golden Retriever.
What is a good price for a German Shepherd puppy?
The bottom line. German Shepherds are no cheap dogs. If you buy a dog from a responsible breeder (whether from a show or a working line), expect to pay around $1,500 for a puppy.
Are German shepherd double coat?
German Shepherds have a double coat which is close and dense with a thick undercoat. The coat is accepted in two variants: medium and long. The gene for long hair is recessive, and therefore the long-haired variety is rarer. Most commonly, German Shepherds are either tan/black or red/black.
What is the most expensive German Shepherd?
It only costs $230,000. CNBC visited the Harrison K-9 facility, a South Carolina-based dog training company that only sells the most highly trained and intelligent German Shepherds to executives and celebrities.
What is a black German Shepherd called?
The Black German Shepherd or Black Shepherd is not a separate breed. They are purebred German Shepherds with a solid black color. Even the American Kennel Club (AKC) recognizes and includes them in the German Shepherd breed standard. This breed’s history started in Germany, hence the name.
How do you pick a German Shepherd puppy from a litter?
Selecting your German Shepherd puppy from a litter
- Choose a puppy that is sociable around you and other puppies.
- Pick a puppy that walks confidently with its head high and tail up and wagging.
- Choose a puppy that has clear eyes, ears, and teeth, walks evenly, and appears clean.
- Look at the personalities of the puppies.
How much is a stud fee for a German Shepherd?
On average, stud dog fees come to an amount of $250 to $1000 for each time that he mates with the female dog. Sometimes, breeders and stud owners waive the monetary fees in exchange for a profit percentage from the sale of puppies or by keeping the best of the litter for themselves.
What is the most expensive puppy to buy?
7 most expensive dog breeds across the world
- English Bulldog. Estimated price: Rs 1,55,000-Rs 2,05,000.
- Pharoah Hound. Estimated price: Up to Rs 4,15,000.
- Cavalier King Charles Spaniel. Estimated price: Rs 62,000-Rs 9,00,000.
- Tibetan Mastiff. Estimated price: Up to Rs 4,50,000.