You can expect to pay anywhere from $800 to $2,000 for a high-quality, completely black puppy. This is significantly more expensive than the $500 to $1,500 you can expect to pay for a usual German Shepherd. However, this is still much cheaper than you might expect for a large dog.
- A black German shepherd is a rare gem. It is a pure German shepherd breed and not a mix. The cost of owning one can, however, intimidate most owners. On average, buying a black GSD will cost you about $2,000. Other related costs include vet care, food, grooming, toys, bedding, and other miscellaneous accessories.
- 1 Is a black German Shepherd rare?
- 2 Why are black German shepherds rare?
- 3 What is the rarest color of German Shepherd?
- 4 How much does a German Shepherd baby cost?
- 5 What is the most expensive dog?
- 6 Can a black German Shepherd turn white?
- 7 How much is a trained German Shepherd?
- 8 How much is a blue German Shepherd?
- 9 Should I get a male German Shepherd or female?
- 10 What color German Shepherd is the most expensive?
- 11 Are there black German Shepherds?
- 12 What is the most expensive German Shepherd?
- 13 What is the most expensive puppy to buy?
- 14 Do police use male or female German shepherds?
- 15 What is the price of Husky?
Is a black German Shepherd rare?
The Black German Shepherd is a pure German Shepherd and doesn’t qualify as a separate breed, but it stands out because of its color 100% black. The Black German Shepherds are very rare, and for that reason, their price is much higher, you can expect to find a Black Shepherd puppy around $700 to $2000.
Why are black German shepherds rare?
Since it’s a birth defect, you’ll only find this color from a litter of puppies that is either from a black parent or of a rare puppy litter from regular parents. Again, this is partly what makes the Black German Shepherd so rare.
What is the rarest color of German Shepherd?
The rarest color of German Shepherd is the isabella due to the recessive combination of liver and blue. You will have to search for a long time to get such a puppy – and his price will likely be high as well!
How much does a German Shepherd baby cost?
If you are buying a puppy from a breeder you can expect to pay anywhere from $600-$1500. The average price of a German Shepherd puppy is $1000. As a general rule reputable breeders tend to charge higher prices because they put more time, effort, and money into caring for their breeding dogs and puppies.
What is the most expensive dog?
Top-10 Most Expensive Dogs
- Dogo Argentino – $8,000.
- Canadian Eskimo Dog – $8,750.
- Rottweiler – $9,000.
- Azawakh – $9,500.
- Tibetan Mastiff – $10,000.
- Chow Chow – $11,000.
- Löwchen – $12,000.
- Samoyed – $14,000. Coming in at the #1 overall spot for the most expensive dog in the world is the Samoyed originating from Siberia.
Can a black German Shepherd turn white?
Some Black Shepherds can have patches of white or brown on their paws, legs, or chest. There are cases it darkens as they grow older, but it could also stay. White spots doesn’t mean this dog is not a purebred since it’s common for some Black German Shepherds to have them.
How much is a trained German Shepherd?
The average price of German Shepherd training is $30 to $80 per basic obedience class. Most people spend about $50 per hour for professional dog trainers depending on where they live. Dog obedience training schools cost $250 to $700 per week. Expect to pay $600 to $1,250 per week for a dog boot camp.
How much is a blue German Shepherd?
You can expect to pay between $1,200 and $1,500 for a Blue German Shepherd puppy, although the price may vary depending on the breeder. You should always make sure you are buying from a reputable breeder. Blue German Shepherd puppies are normally born in litter sizes of between 1 and 15 puppies.
Should I get a male German Shepherd or female?
Research shows that males German Shepherds are more aggressive than female German Shepherds. This means that a family should consider choosing a female for a companion over a male. Males tend to perform better for roles in protection and guarding and could do well in a home without children and the proper training.
What color German Shepherd is the most expensive?
The blue German Shepherd is one of the rarest variations of the breed and may cost up to five times as much as traditional black and tan variations. This color is declared a serious fault and therefore these dogs are not allow to compete in shows, although they are recognized by the American Kennel Club.
Are there black German Shepherds?
Usually, German Shepherds have a single coat pattern – black and tan. However, fully black German Shepherds do exist. This is not due to crossbreeding; the gene for completely black coats is carried by purebred German Shepherds. It is much rarer than the usual coloration, though.
What is the most expensive German Shepherd?
It only costs $230,000. CNBC visited the Harrison K-9 facility, a South Carolina-based dog training company that only sells the most highly trained and intelligent German Shepherds to executives and celebrities.
What is the most expensive puppy to buy?
7 most expensive dog breeds across the world
- English Bulldog. Estimated price: Rs 1,55,000-Rs 2,05,000.
- Pharoah Hound. Estimated price: Up to Rs 4,15,000.
- Cavalier King Charles Spaniel. Estimated price: Rs 62,000-Rs 9,00,000.
- Tibetan Mastiff. Estimated price: Up to Rs 4,50,000.
Do police use male or female German shepherds?
Male dogs are often picked as police dogs. They show more aggression and are stronger as female dogs. You can not say a male dog is better than a female dog. It simply matters how the canine will be assigned to work for you.
What is the price of Husky?
The average cost of a Husky puppy is ₹60,000 to ₹80,000. However, don’t be surprised if the price is higher. Some breeders charge as much as ₹1,00,000 to ₹1,50,000.