This breed is not cheap – the quick answer is that you should plan to spend between $1,500-$3,000 for a German Shepherd from health-tested parents. While it is possible to find puppies without papers for much less (as little as $200 in some cases), these usually come from lines without health and temperament testing.
How much does a German Sheperd cost?
- A German Shepherd puppy bought from a respected breeder will usually cost between $300 and $900 (or more), depending on whether she is a normal German Shepherd, show-dog or a working dog. Adult German Shepherds who are proven show dogs or work dogs cost $6,000 to $7,000 or more.
- 1 How much does a purebred German Shepherd puppy cost?
- 2 How much should I pay for a German Shepherd puppy?
- 3 How much does it cost to buy a fully trained German Shepherd?
- 4 How much is a German Shepherd dog?
- 5 What is the most expensive German Shepherd?
- 6 Should I get a boy or girl German Shepherd?
- 7 What’s the most expensive dog?
- 8 How much is a black German Shepherd worth?
- 9 How much is a white German shepherd?
- 10 How much is a police dog worth?
- 11 Are German shepherds expensive to keep?
- 12 How much are blue German shepherds?
- 13 What is the cheapest puppy?
- 14 Do police use male or female German shepherds?
- 15 Are German shepherds aggressive?
How much does a purebred German Shepherd puppy cost?
Reputable breeders, when pricing their German Shepherd puppies, must factor in the expenses involved in breeding, feeding, raising, and caring for the pups as well as their mother. A reasonable price for a purebred German Shepherd puppy should be around $1200- $2000, depending on your location and the litter size.
How much should I pay for a German Shepherd puppy?
As of this writing, you can expect to pay between $1,000 and $2,000 US dollars for a quality-bred German Shepherd puppy.
How much does it cost to buy a fully trained German Shepherd?
The price of a fully-trained protection dog ranges between $30,000 and $80,000, with the average sale price around $50,000 says Holley. But that price can go much higher if the dog comes from a pedigreed bloodline, or is an award winner.
How much is a German Shepherd dog?
On average, the cost of a German Shepherd ranges from $800-$1,500 (pet-quality). German Shepherds who have “Champion” blood, who have pure German blood or who are directly immigrated from breeders in German will be offered at a very high price level, which could be up to $4000 (shipping cost excluded).
What is the most expensive German Shepherd?
It only costs $230,000. CNBC visited the Harrison K-9 facility, a South Carolina-based dog training company that only sells the most highly trained and intelligent German Shepherds to executives and celebrities.
Should I get a boy or girl German Shepherd?
Research shows that males German Shepherds are more aggressive than female German Shepherds. This means that a family should consider choosing a female for a companion over a male. Males tend to perform better for roles in protection and guarding and could do well in a home without children and the proper training.
What’s the most expensive dog?
Top-10 Most Expensive Dogs
- Dogo Argentino – $8,000.
- Canadian Eskimo Dog – $8,750.
- Rottweiler – $9,000.
- Azawakh – $9,500.
- Tibetan Mastiff – $10,000.
- Chow Chow – $11,000.
- Löwchen – $12,000.
- Samoyed – $14,000. Coming in at the #1 overall spot for the most expensive dog in the world is the Samoyed originating from Siberia.
How much is a black German Shepherd worth?
You can expect to pay anywhere from $800 to $2,000 for a high-quality, completely black puppy. This is significantly more expensive than the $500 to $1,500 you can expect to pay for a usual German Shepherd. However, this is still much cheaper than you might expect for a large dog.
How much is a white German shepherd?
As these dogs are relatively rare, breeders can charge more for a White German Shepherd puppy. While the average puppy price for a standard German Shepherd starts at about $300 and goes up to $900, White German Shepherd puppies cost between $750 – 1000.
How much is a police dog worth?
K9s cost between $15,000-$45,000 per dog, and most agencies struggle when budgeting for the purchase and initial training of a K9.
Are German shepherds expensive to keep?
The cost of owning a German Shepherd can be around $85 per month once you have paid for your pup (the average initial buying cost being $2000). Therefore, the lifetime cost of owning a German Shepherd over 10 years can be up to $12,230, for both the cost of the puppy plus all food and care expenses.
How much are blue German shepherds?
You can expect to pay between $1,200 and $1,500 for a Blue German Shepherd puppy, although the price may vary depending on the breeder. You should always make sure you are buying from a reputable breeder. Blue German Shepherd puppies are normally born in litter sizes of between 1 and 15 puppies.
What is the cheapest puppy?
6 of the Least Expensive Dog Breeds to Own
- American Foxhound. While there are also English Foxhounds which are said to run about $100 or so for a puppy, we’re going with the American because we can.
- Black and Tan Coonhound.
- Rat Terrier.
- Miniature Pinscher.
- Golden Retriever.
Do police use male or female German shepherds?
Male dogs are often picked as police dogs. They show more aggression and are stronger as female dogs. You can not say a male dog is better than a female dog. It simply matters how the canine will be assigned to work for you.
Are German shepherds aggressive?
The breed is naturally protective of its owners. If the German Shepherd is not properly socialized, it can become too aggressive with strangers. The German Shepherd is more likely to bite a stranger than a Labrador Retriever, but it is not nearly as aggressive breed as a Pit bull or Rottweiler.