The Initial German Shepherd Price According to NextDayPets, the average price is $800 for a dog that’s bred to be a family pet. The price goes up for show-quality dogs with an exceptional lineage. You can expect to pay anywhere from $2,300 up to $10,000 or more for pups with top breed lines.
How much does a trained German Shepherd cost?
- Trained German Shepherds often cost $30,000 to $40,000. Dogs with the most specialized training may cost as much as $60,000. Although you are making a major investment, it is one that is likely to be worth what you pay. Do German Shepherds Train as Service Dogs Cost More?
- 1 How much do purebred German Shepherd puppies cost?
- 2 How much is a full blooded German Shepherd?
- 3 Why are German Shepherd puppies so expensive?
- 4 How much does a black purebred German Shepherd cost?
- 5 What is the most expensive German Shepherd?
- 6 How much are blue German shepherds?
- 7 What’s the most expensive dog?
- 8 How much is a stud fee for a German Shepherd?
- 9 How do you pick a German Shepherd puppy from a litter?
- 10 How much does a German Shepherd cost per month?
- 11 What is the lifespan of a German Shepherd?
- 12 How much is a white German shepherd?
- 13 Are black GSD rare?
How much do purebred German Shepherd puppies cost?
Reputable breeders, when pricing their German Shepherd puppies, must factor in the expenses involved in breeding, feeding, raising, and caring for the pups as well as their mother. A reasonable price for a purebred German Shepherd puppy should be around $1200- $2000, depending on your location and the litter size.
How much is a full blooded German Shepherd?
This breed is not cheap – the quick answer is that you should plan to spend between $1,500-$3,000 for a German Shepherd from health-tested parents. While it is possible to find puppies without papers for much less (as little as $200 in some cases), these usually come from lines without health and temperament testing.
Why are German Shepherd puppies so expensive?
Why are German Shepherd puppies so expensive? The main reason German Shepherd puppies cost so much is that the cost of breeding German Shepherds and raising the puppies is not cheap. Below is a chart breaking down the approximate costs associated with breeding.
How much does a black purebred German Shepherd cost?
You can expect to pay anywhere from $800 to $2,000 for a high-quality, completely black puppy. This is significantly more expensive than the $500 to $1,500 you can expect to pay for a usual German Shepherd. However, this is still much cheaper than you might expect for a large dog.
What is the most expensive German Shepherd?
It only costs $230,000. CNBC visited the Harrison K-9 facility, a South Carolina-based dog training company that only sells the most highly trained and intelligent German Shepherds to executives and celebrities.
How much are blue German shepherds?
You can expect to pay between $1,200 and $1,500 for a Blue German Shepherd puppy, although the price may vary depending on the breeder. You should always make sure you are buying from a reputable breeder. Blue German Shepherd puppies are normally born in litter sizes of between 1 and 15 puppies.
What’s the most expensive dog?
Top-10 Most Expensive Dogs
- Dogo Argentino – $8,000.
- Canadian Eskimo Dog – $8,750.
- Rottweiler – $9,000.
- Azawakh – $9,500.
- Tibetan Mastiff – $10,000.
- Chow Chow – $11,000.
- Löwchen – $12,000.
- Samoyed – $14,000. Coming in at the #1 overall spot for the most expensive dog in the world is the Samoyed originating from Siberia.
How much is a stud fee for a German Shepherd?
On average, stud dog fees come to an amount of $250 to $1000 for each time that he mates with the female dog. Sometimes, breeders and stud owners waive the monetary fees in exchange for a profit percentage from the sale of puppies or by keeping the best of the litter for themselves.
How do you pick a German Shepherd puppy from a litter?
Selecting your German Shepherd puppy from a litter
- Choose a puppy that is sociable around you and other puppies.
- Pick a puppy that walks confidently with its head high and tail up and wagging.
- Choose a puppy that has clear eyes, ears, and teeth, walks evenly, and appears clean.
- Look at the personalities of the puppies.
How much does a German Shepherd cost per month?
The cost of owning a German Shepherd can be around $85 per month once you have paid for your pup (the average initial buying cost being $2000). Therefore, the lifetime cost of owning a German Shepherd over 10 years can be up to $12,230, for both the cost of the puppy plus all food and care expenses.
What is the lifespan of a German Shepherd?
The rarest color of German Shepherd is the isabella due to the recessive combination of liver and blue. You will have to search for a long time to get such a puppy – and his price will likely be high as well!
How much is a white German shepherd?
As these dogs are relatively rare, breeders can charge more for a White German Shepherd puppy. While the average puppy price for a standard German Shepherd starts at about $300 and goes up to $900, White German Shepherd puppies cost between $750 – 1000.
Are black GSD rare?
The Black German Shepherd is a pure German Shepherd and doesn’t qualify as a separate breed, but it stands out because of its color 100% black. The Black German Shepherds are very rare, and for that reason, their price is much higher, you can expect to find a Black Shepherd puppy around $700 to $2000.