This breed is not cheap – the quick answer is that you should plan to spend between $1,500-$3,000 for a German Shepherd from health-tested parents. While it is possible to find puppies without papers for much less (as little as $200 in some cases), these usually come from lines without health and temperament testing.
- The path you take to acquire your new furry friend will ultimately affect how much you end up spending. From completely free to costing over $1500, the average price you’ll pay for a German Shepherd is $1000. When you decide how much you can spend, time to sort out the details that matter to you.
- 1 How much should a German Shepherd puppy cost?
- 2 How much does a normal German Shepherd cost?
- 3 Are German Shepherds expensive to own?
- 4 What the most expensive dog?
- 5 How much is a black German Shepherd worth?
- 6 How much is a pitbull?
- 7 Why are German Shepherds so expensive?
- 8 How much do German Shepherds eat?
- 9 How much does a German Shepherd cost monthly?
- 10 How much is a white German shepherd?
- 11 Are German shepherds aggressive?
- 12 What dog cost $10000?
- 13 What dog cost $5000?
- 14 What is the cheapest dog you can buy?
How much should a German Shepherd puppy cost?
A reasonable price for a purebred German Shepherd puppy should be around $1200- $2000, depending on your location and the litter size. If you have ever asked the question: “Why are GSD puppies so expensive?”, you should understand the very basic cost for the breeders.
How much does a normal German Shepherd cost?
On average, the cost of a German Shepherd ranges from $500-$1,500. According to NextDayPets, the average price is $800 for a dog that’s bred to be a family pet. The price goes up for show-quality dogs with an exceptional lineage.
Are German Shepherds expensive to own?
The Costs Of Owning A German Shepherd per year: German Shepherds are a big breed of dog that are expensive to properly look after and care for as they grow. Remember a German Shepherd is for life so if you are not prepared to look after them for 10+ years then they are not the pet for you.
What the most expensive dog?
Top-10 Most Expensive Dogs
- Dogo Argentino – $8,000.
- Canadian Eskimo Dog – $8,750.
- Rottweiler – $9,000.
- Azawakh – $9,500.
- Tibetan Mastiff – $10,000.
- Chow Chow – $11,000.
- Löwchen – $12,000.
- Samoyed – $14,000. Coming in at the #1 overall spot for the most expensive dog in the world is the Samoyed originating from Siberia.
How much is a black German Shepherd worth?
You can expect to pay anywhere from $800 to $2,000 for a high-quality, completely black puppy. This is significantly more expensive than the $500 to $1,500 you can expect to pay for a usual German Shepherd. However, this is still much cheaper than you might expect for a large dog.
How much is a pitbull?
A Pitbull puppy price from a reputable breeder can average from $2100 to $21,000. These are puppies that come from prestigious lines. However, it is possible to find Pitbull puppies that cost from $810 to $1,100. These guard dogs when purebred can be very costly.
Why are German Shepherds so expensive?
Why are German Shepherd puppies so expensive? The main reason German Shepherd puppies cost so much is that the cost of breeding German Shepherds and raising the puppies is not cheap. Below is a chart breaking down the approximate costs associated with breeding.
How much do German Shepherds eat?
In summary, for adult dogs, feeding German Shepherds about 2.5 to 3.5 cups of quality kibble per day, twice a day, is a good starting point. Modify amount fed as required based on your dogs size, weight, age and overall daily activity.
How much does a German Shepherd cost monthly?
The cost of owning a German Shepherd can be around $85 per month once you have paid for your pup (the average initial buying cost being $2000). Therefore, the lifetime cost of owning a German Shepherd over 10 years can be up to $12,230, for both the cost of the puppy plus all food and care expenses.
How much is a white German shepherd?
As these dogs are relatively rare, breeders can charge more for a White German Shepherd puppy. While the average puppy price for a standard German Shepherd starts at about $300 and goes up to $900, White German Shepherd puppies cost between $750 – 1000.
Are German shepherds aggressive?
The breed is naturally protective of its owners. If the German Shepherd is not properly socialized, it can become too aggressive with strangers. The German Shepherd is more likely to bite a stranger than a Labrador Retriever, but it is not nearly as aggressive breed as a Pit bull or Rottweiler.
What dog cost $10000?
1. LÖWCHEN. Löwchens are a petite, long-haired dog that have been a popular breed since the Renaissance, and are even featured prominently in paintings from that period. Nowadays, these “little lions” are extremely rare, pushing their cost to as much as $10,000 in some places around the world.
What dog cost $5000?
An Egyptian Pharaoh hound puppy costs about $5,000. The Thailand Ridgeback is among the 10 most expensive dog breeds because it’s the rarest registered dog breed in America. Thailand Ridgebacks resemble Dobermans.
What is the cheapest dog you can buy?
6 of the Least Expensive Dog Breeds to Own
- American Foxhound. While there are also English Foxhounds which are said to run about $100 or so for a puppy, we’re going with the American because we can.
- Black and Tan Coonhound.
- Rat Terrier.
- Miniature Pinscher.
- Golden Retriever.