The bottom line German Shepherds are no cheap dogs. If you buy a dog from a responsible breeder (whether from a show or a working line), expect to pay around $1,500 for a puppy.
How much does a purebred German Shepherd cost?
- German Shepherd could be raised as a family member, as a house/farm guardian, or as a police and army dog. Purebred German Shepherd price is about $500 on average and divided into many levels depending on raising purposes.
- 1 How much do purebred German Shepherd puppies cost?
- 2 What is the average cost of a German Shepherd puppy?
- 3 What is the price of German Shepherd puppy in 2020?
- 4 Why are German shepherds so expensive?
- 5 What is the most expensive purebred dog?
- 6 What is the most expensive German Shepherd?
- 7 What’s the most expensive dog?
- 8 How much is a black German Shepherd worth?
- 9 What is the world’s cheapest dog?
- 10 Which is the strongest dog in the world?
- 11 Are German shepherd double coat?
- 12 How do you pick a German Shepherd puppy from a litter?
- 13 How much is a trained German Shepherd?
How much do purebred German Shepherd puppies cost?
Reputable breeders, when pricing their German Shepherd puppies, must factor in the expenses involved in breeding, feeding, raising, and caring for the pups as well as their mother. A reasonable price for a purebred German Shepherd puppy should be around $1200- $2000, depending on your location and the litter size.
What is the average cost of a German Shepherd puppy?
If you are buying a puppy from a breeder you can expect to pay anywhere from $600-$1500. The average price of a German Shepherd puppy is $1000. As a general rule reputable breeders tend to charge higher prices because they put more time, effort, and money into caring for their breeding dogs and puppies.
What is the price of German Shepherd puppy in 2020?
The average cost of a German Shepherd in India is between ₹15,000 to ₹40,000. German Shepherd variants such as the White Shepherd, King Shepherd, bush coat German Shepherd, working line German Shepherd costs between ₹25,000 to ₹60,000.
Why are German shepherds so expensive?
Why are German Shepherd puppies so expensive? The main reason German Shepherd puppies cost so much is that the cost of breeding German Shepherds and raising the puppies is not cheap. Below is a chart breaking down the approximate costs associated with breeding.
What is the most expensive purebred dog?
Tibetan Mastiff The Tibetan Mastiff is the most expensive dog breed to own. It has an exorbitant average purchase price of $2,500.
What is the most expensive German Shepherd?
It only costs $230,000. CNBC visited the Harrison K-9 facility, a South Carolina-based dog training company that only sells the most highly trained and intelligent German Shepherds to executives and celebrities.
What’s the most expensive dog?
Top-10 Most Expensive Dogs
- Dogo Argentino – $8,000.
- Canadian Eskimo Dog – $8,750.
- Rottweiler – $9,000.
- Azawakh – $9,500.
- Tibetan Mastiff – $10,000.
- Chow Chow – $11,000.
- Löwchen – $12,000.
- Samoyed – $14,000. Coming in at the #1 overall spot for the most expensive dog in the world is the Samoyed originating from Siberia.
How much is a black German Shepherd worth?
You can expect to pay anywhere from $800 to $2,000 for a high-quality, completely black puppy. This is significantly more expensive than the $500 to $1,500 you can expect to pay for a usual German Shepherd. However, this is still much cheaper than you might expect for a large dog.
What is the world’s cheapest dog?
6 of the Least Expensive Dog Breeds to Own
- American Foxhound. While there are also English Foxhounds which are said to run about $100 or so for a puppy, we’re going with the American because we can.
- Black and Tan Coonhound.
- Rat Terrier.
- Miniature Pinscher.
- Golden Retriever.
Which is the strongest dog in the world?
10 of the strongest dog breeds in the world
- Mastiff. Described as “massive” and “heavy-boned,” this giant breed, which can weigh up to 200 pounds, are known to be loyal and protective of their families.
- Saint Bernard.
- Irish Wolfhound.
- Rhodesian Ridgeback.
- Siberian Husky.
Are German shepherd double coat?
German Shepherds have a double coat which is close and dense with a thick undercoat. The coat is accepted in two variants: medium and long. The gene for long hair is recessive, and therefore the long-haired variety is rarer. Most commonly, German Shepherds are either tan/black or red/black.
How do you pick a German Shepherd puppy from a litter?
Selecting your German Shepherd puppy from a litter
- Choose a puppy that is sociable around you and other puppies.
- Pick a puppy that walks confidently with its head high and tail up and wagging.
- Choose a puppy that has clear eyes, ears, and teeth, walks evenly, and appears clean.
- Look at the personalities of the puppies.
How much is a trained German Shepherd?
The average price of German Shepherd training is $30 to $80 per basic obedience class. Most people spend about $50 per hour for professional dog trainers depending on where they live. Dog obedience training schools cost $250 to $700 per week. Expect to pay $600 to $1,250 per week for a dog boot camp.