On average, the cost of a German Shepherd ranges from $500-$1,500. According to NextDayPets, the average price is $800 for a dog that’s bred to be a family pet. The price goes up for show-quality dogs with an exceptional lineage.
- This is typically what people are picturing when they hear the term “German Shepherd”. These shepherds should at a very minimum be AKC certified. They range from $200 – $800. With no paperwork, free might be acceptable if you just want to give a dog a new home.
- 1 How much does it cost to buy German Shepherd?
- 2 How much would a German Shepherd puppy cost?
- 3 Why are German shepherds so expensive?
- 4 What the most expensive dog?
- 5 How much is a black German Shepherd?
- 6 What is the world’s cheapest dog?
- 7 Is a boy or girl German Shepherd better?
- 8 What German shepherds eat?
- 9 How do you pick a German Shepherd puppy from a litter?
- 10 Is a German Shepherd a good family dog?
- 11 How long do German shepherds live?
- 12 What dog cost $5000?
How much does it cost to buy German Shepherd?
This breed is not cheap – the quick answer is that you should plan to spend between $1,500-$3,000 for a German Shepherd from health-tested parents. While it is possible to find puppies without papers for much less (as little as $200 in some cases), these usually come from lines without health and temperament testing.
How much would a German Shepherd puppy cost?
These dogs can easily be purchased form pet breeders in Delhi/NCR and their price range is from INR 10000 to INR 70000. You should always buy German shepherd from the certified pet breeders and not from pet shops or puppy mills.
Why are German shepherds so expensive?
Why are German Shepherd puppies so expensive? The main reason German Shepherd puppies cost so much is that the cost of breeding German Shepherds and raising the puppies is not cheap. Below is a chart breaking down the approximate costs associated with breeding.
What the most expensive dog?
Top-10 Most Expensive Dogs
- Dogo Argentino – $8,000.
- Canadian Eskimo Dog – $8,750.
- Rottweiler – $9,000.
- Azawakh – $9,500.
- Tibetan Mastiff – $10,000.
- Chow Chow – $11,000.
- Löwchen – $12,000.
- Samoyed – $14,000. Coming in at the #1 overall spot for the most expensive dog in the world is the Samoyed originating from Siberia.
How much is a black German Shepherd?
You can expect to pay anywhere from $800 to $2,000 for a high-quality, completely black puppy. This is significantly more expensive than the $500 to $1,500 you can expect to pay for a usual German Shepherd. However, this is still much cheaper than you might expect for a large dog.
What is the world’s cheapest dog?
6 of the Least Expensive Dog Breeds to Own
- American Foxhound. While there are also English Foxhounds which are said to run about $100 or so for a puppy, we’re going with the American because we can.
- Black and Tan Coonhound.
- Rat Terrier.
- Miniature Pinscher.
- Golden Retriever.
Is a boy or girl German Shepherd better?
Research shows that males German Shepherds are more aggressive than female German Shepherds. This means that a family should consider choosing a female for a companion over a male. Males tend to perform better for roles in protection and guarding and could do well in a home without children and the proper training.
What German shepherds eat?
German Shepherds can eat a range of human foods such as beef, chicken, pork, turkey, salmon, tuna, and eggs. They can also eat fruits and vegetables such as apples, bananas, berries, carrots, peas, pumpkins, and other foods such as rice and pasta, yogurt, cheese, and peanut butter.
How do you pick a German Shepherd puppy from a litter?
Selecting your German Shepherd puppy from a litter
- Choose a puppy that is sociable around you and other puppies.
- Pick a puppy that walks confidently with its head high and tail up and wagging.
- Choose a puppy that has clear eyes, ears, and teeth, walks evenly, and appears clean.
- Look at the personalities of the puppies.
Is a German Shepherd a good family dog?
German shepherds can be very gentle companions and family protectors with proper training and socialization. It’s an ideal breed for active households. The intelligence and protective demeanor of this breed can make it a good choice for families with children as long as the dog is properly trained.
How long do German shepherds live?
1. LÖWCHEN. Löwchens are a petite, long-haired dog that have been a popular breed since the Renaissance, and are even featured prominently in paintings from that period. Nowadays, these “little lions” are extremely rare, pushing their cost to as much as $10,000 in some places around the world.
What dog cost $5000?
An Egyptian Pharaoh hound puppy costs about $5,000. The Thailand Ridgeback is among the 10 most expensive dog breeds because it’s the rarest registered dog breed in America. Thailand Ridgebacks resemble Dobermans.