- How much is a full breed german shepherd? This breed is not cheap – the quick answer is that you should plan to spend between $1,500-$3,000 for a German Shepherd from health-tested parents. While it is possible to find puppies without papers for much less (as little as $200 in some cases), these usually come from lines without health and temperament testing.
- 1 How much is a full blooded German Shepherd?
- 2 How much does a normal German Shepherd cost?
- 3 Why are German shepherds so expensive?
- 4 How much are full breed black German shepherds?
- 5 What’s the most expensive dog?
- 6 How much is a German Shepherd puppy worth?
- 7 How much are blue German shepherds?
- 8 What is the most expensive German shepherd?
- 9 How much is a pitbull?
- 10 How do you pick a German shepherd puppy from a litter?
- 11 How much does a German shepherd cost per month?
- 12 How much is a stud fee for a German shepherd?
- 13 What is the rarest German Shepherd color?
- 14 Are black GSD rare?
- 15 How much is a white German shepherd?
How much is a full blooded German Shepherd?
This breed is not cheap – the quick answer is that you should plan to spend between $1,500-$3,000 for a German Shepherd from health-tested parents. While it is possible to find puppies without papers for much less (as little as $200 in some cases), these usually come from lines without health and temperament testing.
How much does a normal German Shepherd cost?
On average, the cost of a German Shepherd ranges from $500-$1,500. According to NextDayPets, the average price is $800 for a dog that’s bred to be a family pet. The price goes up for show-quality dogs with an exceptional lineage.
Why are German shepherds so expensive?
Why are German Shepherd puppies so expensive? The main reason German Shepherd puppies cost so much is that the cost of breeding German Shepherds and raising the puppies is not cheap. Below is a chart breaking down the approximate costs associated with breeding.
How much are full breed black German shepherds?
You can expect to pay anywhere from $800 to $2,000 for a high-quality, completely black puppy. This is significantly more expensive than the $500 to $1,500 you can expect to pay for a usual German Shepherd.
What’s the most expensive dog?
Top-10 Most Expensive Dogs
- Dogo Argentino – $8,000.
- Canadian Eskimo Dog – $8,750.
- Rottweiler – $9,000.
- Azawakh – $9,500.
- Tibetan Mastiff – $10,000.
- Chow Chow – $11,000.
- Löwchen – $12,000.
- Samoyed – $14,000. Coming in at the #1 overall spot for the most expensive dog in the world is the Samoyed originating from Siberia.
How much is a German Shepherd puppy worth?
German Shepherd puppies can range in price anywhere from $500 to up to $20,000. The huge difference in price depends on several factors, including location, breeder, parentage, and life purpose. German Shepherd Puppies kept as pets usually range between $500-1500, whereas show dog puppies range from $1500-$5000.
How much are blue German shepherds?
You can expect to pay between $1,200 and $1,500 for a Blue German Shepherd puppy, although the price may vary depending on the breeder. You should always make sure you are buying from a reputable breeder. Blue German Shepherd puppies are normally born in litter sizes of between 1 and 15 puppies.
What is the most expensive German shepherd?
It only costs $230,000. CNBC visited the Harrison K-9 facility, a South Carolina-based dog training company that only sells the most highly trained and intelligent German Shepherds to executives and celebrities.
How much is a pitbull?
A Pitbull puppy price from a reputable breeder can average from $2100 to $21,000. These are puppies that come from prestigious lines. However, it is possible to find Pitbull puppies that cost from $810 to $1,100. These guard dogs when purebred can be very costly.
How do you pick a German shepherd puppy from a litter?
Selecting your German Shepherd puppy from a litter
- Choose a puppy that is sociable around you and other puppies.
- Pick a puppy that walks confidently with its head high and tail up and wagging.
- Choose a puppy that has clear eyes, ears, and teeth, walks evenly, and appears clean.
- Look at the personalities of the puppies.
How much does a German shepherd cost per month?
The cost of owning a German Shepherd can be around $85 per month once you have paid for your pup (the average initial buying cost being $2000). Therefore, the lifetime cost of owning a German Shepherd over 10 years can be up to $12,230, for both the cost of the puppy plus all food and care expenses.
How much is a stud fee for a German shepherd?
On average, stud dog fees come to an amount of $250 to $1000 for each time that he mates with the female dog. Sometimes, breeders and stud owners waive the monetary fees in exchange for a profit percentage from the sale of puppies or by keeping the best of the litter for themselves.
What is the rarest German Shepherd color?
The rarest color of German Shepherd is the isabella due to the recessive combination of liver and blue. You will have to search for a long time to get such a puppy – and his price will likely be high as well!
Are black GSD rare?
The Black German Shepherd is a pure German Shepherd and doesn’t qualify as a separate breed, but it stands out because of its color 100% black. The Black German Shepherds are very rare, and for that reason, their price is much higher, you can expect to find a Black Shepherd puppy around $700 to $2000.
How much is a white German shepherd?
As these dogs are relatively rare, breeders can charge more for a White German Shepherd puppy. While the average puppy price for a standard German Shepherd starts at about $300 and goes up to $900, White German Shepherd puppies cost between $750 – 1000.