The price of a fully-trained protection dog ranges between $30,000 and $80,000, with the average sale price around $50,000 says Holley. But that price can go much higher if the dog comes from a pedigreed bloodline, or is an award winner.
- German Shepherds, with this type of training, offer a level of personal protection that goes well beyond what a family pet provides. Trained German Shepherds often cost $30,000 to $40,000. Dogs with the most specialized training may cost as much as $60,000.
- 1 How much does it cost for a trained German Shepherd?
- 2 How long does it take to fully train a German Shepherd?
- 3 How much is a Navy SEAL dog worth?
- 4 Why are German Shepherd puppies so expensive?
- 5 Do German shepherds bark a lot?
- 6 Why is my German Shepherd so bad?
- 7 Are German shepherds aggressive?
- 8 How much is a Malinois dog?
- 9 Do Army dogs have titanium teeth?
- 10 How much should I pay for a German Shepherd?
- 11 How much is a German Shepherd puppy cost?
- 12 What is the most expensive dog?
How much does it cost for a trained German Shepherd?
The average price of German Shepherd training is $30 to $80 per basic obedience class. Most people spend about $50 per hour for professional dog trainers depending on where they live. Dog obedience training schools cost $250 to $700 per week. Expect to pay $600 to $1,250 per week for a dog boot camp.
How long does it take to fully train a German Shepherd?
It takes anywhere from 8 to 12 weeks to train a German Shepherd to learn basic obedience commands. Usually, most 20 week old German Shepherd puppies are house trained, crate trained, and understand a few basic commands if you’ve trained them correctly.
All said, the dogs and their training cost up to $40,000 each. Including the highly specialized gear of MPCs, the cost can be tens of thousands of dollars higher.
Why are German Shepherd puppies so expensive?
Why are German Shepherd puppies so expensive? The main reason German Shepherd puppies cost so much is that the cost of breeding German Shepherds and raising the puppies is not cheap. Below is a chart breaking down the approximate costs associated with breeding.
Do German shepherds bark a lot?
German Shepherds have one of the loudest barks and they may bark so loudly that they don’t even hear you. You cannot out yell or scream your German Shepherd while they’re barking at strangers, plus this doesn’t teach them anything except that you also have a strong reaction to the stranger.
Why is my German Shepherd so bad?
German Shepherds tend to develop behavior problems when their needs are being met either mental or physical. Some of the most common German Shepherd behavior problems are jumping, destructiveness, OCD, hyperactivity, separation anxiety, excess barking and whining, mouthiness, dominance, and defensive aggression.
Are German shepherds aggressive?
The breed is naturally protective of its owners. If the German Shepherd is not properly socialized, it can become too aggressive with strangers. The German Shepherd is more likely to bite a stranger than a Labrador Retriever, but it is not nearly as aggressive breed as a Pit bull or Rottweiler.
How much is a Malinois dog?
How Much Does a Belgian Malinois Cost? In general, an adult Belgian Malinois will cost between $45,000 and $65,000. It may sound like a lot, but your dog has been trained to do far more than just fetch.
Do Army dogs have titanium teeth?
The truth is that military dogs can receive a titanium tooth but only if an existing tooth becomes damaged. It’s the same as a human receiving a crown. A dog’s actual tooth is already stable, strong, and effective enough on their own that there is no reason to replace them unless for medical reasons.
How much should I pay for a German Shepherd?
Are you looking at adding a German Shepherd to your family and wonder how much you should budget for a puppy? This breed is not cheap – the quick answer is that you should plan to spend between $1,500-$3,000 for a German Shepherd from health-tested parents.
How much is a German Shepherd puppy cost?
How Much Is A German Shepherd? As we mentioned above, the average upfront cost of buying a German Shepherd puppy from a reputable breeder can be around $300 to $900. If you are in the market for a show quality German Shepherd puppy, you may wind up spending $6,000 to $7,000.
What is the most expensive dog?
Top-10 Most Expensive Dogs
- Dogo Argentino – $8,000.
- Canadian Eskimo Dog – $8,750.
- Rottweiler – $9,000.
- Azawakh – $9,500.
- Tibetan Mastiff – $10,000.
- Chow Chow – $11,000.
- Löwchen – $12,000.
- Samoyed – $14,000. Coming in at the #1 overall spot for the most expensive dog in the world is the Samoyed originating from Siberia.