This breed is not cheap – the quick answer is that you should plan to spend between $1,500-$3,000 for a German Shepherd from health-tested parents. While it is possible to find puppies without papers for much less (as little as $200 in some cases), these usually come from lines without health and temperament testing.
How much does a trained German Shepherd cost?
- Trained German Shepherds often cost $30,000 to $40,000. Dogs with the most specialized training may cost as much as $60,000. Although you are making a major investment, it is one that is likely to be worth what you pay. Do German Shepherds Train as Service Dogs Cost More?
- 1 What is a reasonable price for a German Shepherd?
- 2 What is the total cost of German Shepherd?
- 3 Why are German Shepherd puppies so expensive?
- 4 Why do German Shepherd puppies cost so much?
- 5 How much is a German Shepherd puppy worth?
- 6 How do you pick a German Shepherd puppy from a litter?
- 7 How much is a black German Shepherd worth?
- 8 What’s the most expensive dog?
- 9 What is the most expensive German Shepherd?
- 10 What is the price of German Shepherd in 2021?
- 11 How do I pick a good German Shepherd puppy?
- 12 What is the most expensive puppy to buy?
- 13 How much are blue German shepherds?
What is a reasonable price for a German Shepherd?
If you are buying a puppy from a breeder you can expect to pay anywhere from $600-$1500. The average price of a German Shepherd puppy is $1000. As a general rule reputable breeders tend to charge higher prices because they put more time, effort, and money into caring for their breeding dogs and puppies.
What is the total cost of German Shepherd?
German Shepherd Puppy cost The average cost of a German Shepherd in India is between ₹15,000 to ₹40,000.
Why are German Shepherd puppies so expensive?
Why are German Shepherd puppies so expensive? The main reason German Shepherd puppies cost so much is that the cost of breeding German Shepherds and raising the puppies is not cheap. Below is a chart breaking down the approximate costs associated with breeding.
Why do German Shepherd puppies cost so much?
This purchase will cost you a lot because of all the additional costs of raising a puppy to adulthood. Also, they will be expensive since the breeder will be able to determine the overall quality of an adult dog by then. The most expensive German Shepherds are those already as show dogs, K9, or breeding dogs.
How much is a German Shepherd puppy worth?
German Shepherd puppies can range in price anywhere from $500 to up to $20,000. The huge difference in price depends on several factors, including location, breeder, parentage, and life purpose. German Shepherd Puppies kept as pets usually range between $500-1500, whereas show dog puppies range from $1500-$5000.
How do you pick a German Shepherd puppy from a litter?
Selecting your German Shepherd puppy from a litter
- Choose a puppy that is sociable around you and other puppies.
- Pick a puppy that walks confidently with its head high and tail up and wagging.
- Choose a puppy that has clear eyes, ears, and teeth, walks evenly, and appears clean.
- Look at the personalities of the puppies.
How much is a black German Shepherd worth?
You can expect to pay anywhere from $800 to $2,000 for a high-quality, completely black puppy. This is significantly more expensive than the $500 to $1,500 you can expect to pay for a usual German Shepherd. However, this is still much cheaper than you might expect for a large dog.
What’s the most expensive dog?
Top-10 Most Expensive Dogs
- Dogo Argentino – $8,000.
- Canadian Eskimo Dog – $8,750.
- Rottweiler – $9,000.
- Azawakh – $9,500.
- Tibetan Mastiff – $10,000.
- Chow Chow – $11,000.
- Löwchen – $12,000.
- Samoyed – $14,000. Coming in at the #1 overall spot for the most expensive dog in the world is the Samoyed originating from Siberia.
What is the most expensive German Shepherd?
It only costs $230,000. CNBC visited the Harrison K-9 facility, a South Carolina-based dog training company that only sells the most highly trained and intelligent German Shepherds to executives and celebrities.
What is the price of German Shepherd in 2021?
German Shepherd price in India ranges between Rs 18,000 to Rs 40,000 and can go up to Rs 80,000 for a double-coated dog.
How do I pick a good German Shepherd puppy?
A German Shepherd puppy should have, first and foremost, a good temperament. They should be inquisitive, outgoing, and unafraid in his advances towards everything and everybody. They will also demand and exhibit affection without inhibition. Many times puppies will single out one of the litter to pick on.
What is the most expensive puppy to buy?
7 most expensive dog breeds across the world
- English Bulldog. Estimated price: Rs 1,55,000-Rs 2,05,000.
- Pharoah Hound. Estimated price: Up to Rs 4,15,000.
- Cavalier King Charles Spaniel. Estimated price: Rs 62,000-Rs 9,00,000.
- Tibetan Mastiff. Estimated price: Up to Rs 4,50,000.
How much are blue German shepherds?
You can expect to pay between $1,200 and $1,500 for a Blue German Shepherd puppy, although the price may vary depending on the breeder. You should always make sure you are buying from a reputable breeder. Blue German Shepherd puppies are normally born in litter sizes of between 1 and 15 puppies.