German Shepherd (GSD) Cost Table
|German Shepherd Type or Breed||Average Cost (middle of the range)|
|Rescue German Shepherd from a Shelter||$150|
|German Shepherd Puppy from a breeder||$500|
|Trained German Shepherd Work or Show Dog||$6500|
|Trained German Shepherd Protection Dog||$55,000|
What do you need to know before you get a German Shepherd?
- 9 Things You Need To Know Before Getting A German Shepard 1. There will be fur. Everywhere. 2. Expect to buy a lot of replacement toys. 3. They require a ton of attention. 4. They tend to play rough. 5. Their bark is worse than their bite Sometimes. 6. Get ready to have an extra shadow. 7. So. Much. Whining.
- 1 How much does it cost to import a German Shepherd from Germany?
- 2 How much do puppies cost in Germany?
- 3 How much do German Shepherd puppies sell for?
- 4 Can I buy a German Shepherd from Germany?
- 5 How much is a trained German Shepherd cost?
- 6 Why are German Shepherd puppies so expensive?
- 7 Is Germany dog-friendly?
- 8 How much is a dog Licence in Germany?
- 9 How can I get a puppy in Germany?
- 10 What is the cheapest puppy?
- 11 What’s the most expensive dog?
- 12 How much is a black German Shepherd?
- 13 How much do German Shepherds cost in Europe?
- 14 Who breed the best German Shepherds?
- 15 How much are imported German Shepherds?
How much does it cost to import a German Shepherd from Germany?
Cost to Import to USA is around $1600 just for transportation, plus additional AKC transfer fees and required DNA testing fees.
How much do puppies cost in Germany?
How Much Does It Cost To Have A Dog In Germany? Owning a dog in Germany can cost between 1.000 to 5.000 euros a year. It highly depends on the dog breed; dangerous dogs are most expensive, while big dogs usually are more expensive than smaller dogs.
How much do German Shepherd puppies sell for?
If you are buying a puppy from a breeder you can expect to pay anywhere from $600-$1500. The average price of a German Shepherd puppy is $1000. As a general rule reputable breeders tend to charge higher prices because they put more time, effort, and money into caring for their breeding dogs and puppies.
Can I buy a German Shepherd from Germany?
The best lines of German shepherds are located right here in Germany. Owning a quality German shepherd dog makes a world of difference. Haus Amberg Shepherds can help you find what exactly you are looking for as they work with many local breeders and kennels here in Germany.
How much is a trained German Shepherd cost?
The average price of German Shepherd training is $30 to $80 per basic obedience class. Most people spend about $50 per hour for professional dog trainers depending on where they live. Dog obedience training schools cost $250 to $700 per week. Expect to pay $600 to $1,250 per week for a dog boot camp.
Why are German Shepherd puppies so expensive?
Why are German Shepherd puppies so expensive? The main reason German Shepherd puppies cost so much is that the cost of breeding German Shepherds and raising the puppies is not cheap. Below is a chart breaking down the approximate costs associated with breeding.
Is Germany dog-friendly?
Germany is a very dog-friendly country. They are allowed almost everywhere (besides grocery stores) with only the rare Kein Hund erlaubt (“No dogs allowed”). If you want to own a dog in Germany, prepare to also train them to perfection.
How much is a dog Licence in Germany?
To get the license, which will only be required for new dogs, owners will need to demonstrate that their pet has basic training and is essentially manageable. If the dog passes the test, which costs €100 ($112), it will be largely exempt from a list of new laws restricting canine behavior and access.
How can I get a puppy in Germany?
Missing a Furry Friend? Here’s How to Get a Pet in Germany
- Fly Down Your Pet From Your Home Country.
- Adopt From an Animal Shelter. 2.1. A Non-Exhaustive List of Animal Shelters in Germany.
- Volunteer at an Animal Shelter.
- Buy a Pet From a Breeder.
What is the cheapest puppy?
6 of the Least Expensive Dog Breeds to Own
- American Foxhound. While there are also English Foxhounds which are said to run about $100 or so for a puppy, we’re going with the American because we can.
- Black and Tan Coonhound.
- Rat Terrier.
- Miniature Pinscher.
- Golden Retriever.
What’s the most expensive dog?
Top-10 Most Expensive Dogs
- Dogo Argentino – $8,000.
- Canadian Eskimo Dog – $8,750.
- Rottweiler – $9,000.
- Azawakh – $9,500.
- Tibetan Mastiff – $10,000.
- Chow Chow – $11,000.
- Löwchen – $12,000.
- Samoyed – $14,000. Coming in at the #1 overall spot for the most expensive dog in the world is the Samoyed originating from Siberia.
How much is a black German Shepherd?
You can expect to pay anywhere from $800 to $2,000 for a high-quality, completely black puppy. This is significantly more expensive than the $500 to $1,500 you can expect to pay for a usual German Shepherd. However, this is still much cheaper than you might expect for a large dog.
How much do German Shepherds cost in Europe?
Expect to pay at least $1,500 and up for a European German Shepherd.
Who breed the best German Shepherds?
If you are looking for the best German Shepherd puppies in America, then look no further as we have picked the 50 best breeders in the country. The Best German Shepherd Puppies
- Vom Ragnar German Shepherds – Harvard, Illinois.
- Southernwind Kennels – Brooksville, Florida.
- Kolenda Kennels – Dorr, Michigan.
How much are imported German Shepherds?
Purebred German Shepherds of imported German lines. Pups are submitted to rigorous health checks and are micro-chipped. Choice of colors, including black. GSD pups will cost between $3,000-$4,000.