On average, the cost of a German Shepherd ranges from $500-$1,500. According to NextDayPets, the average price is $800 for a dog that’s bred to be a family pet. The price goes up for show-quality dogs with an exceptional lineage.
- The German Shepherd is an extremely popular breed of dog that many people are familiar with. But what do you know about the cost of a German shepherd? The average price for a GSD ranges from $500 to $4000, depending on the breeder and whether or not it’s registered. A GSD trained as a protection dog can cost up to $55,000.
- 1 How much should I pay for a German Shepherd puppy?
- 2 Are German shepherds expensive to own?
- 3 How much is a trained German Shepherd?
- 4 What’s the most expensive dog?
- 5 How much is a black German Shepherd?
- 6 Are German shepherds aggressive?
- 7 How much is a white German shepherd?
- 8 How long do German Shepherds live?
- 9 Why are German Shepherds so expensive?
- 10 What dog cost $10000?
- 11 What dog cost $5000?
- 12 What is the rarest dog breed?
How much should I pay for a German Shepherd puppy?
This breed is not cheap – the quick answer is that you should plan to spend between $1,500-$3,000 for a German Shepherd from health-tested parents. While it is possible to find puppies without papers for much less (as little as $200 in some cases), these usually come from lines without health and temperament testing.
Are German shepherds expensive to own?
The cost of owning a German Shepherd can be around $85 per month once you have paid for your pup (the average initial buying cost being $2000). Therefore, the lifetime cost of owning a German Shepherd over 10 years can be up to $12,230, for both the cost of the puppy plus all food and care expenses.
How much is a trained German Shepherd?
The average price of German Shepherd training is $30 to $80 per basic obedience class. Most people spend about $50 per hour for professional dog trainers depending on where they live. Dog obedience training schools cost $250 to $700 per week. Expect to pay $600 to $1,250 per week for a dog boot camp.
What’s the most expensive dog?
Top-10 Most Expensive Dogs
- Dogo Argentino – $8,000.
- Canadian Eskimo Dog – $8,750.
- Rottweiler – $9,000.
- Azawakh – $9,500.
- Tibetan Mastiff – $10,000.
- Chow Chow – $11,000.
- Löwchen – $12,000.
- Samoyed – $14,000. Coming in at the #1 overall spot for the most expensive dog in the world is the Samoyed originating from Siberia.
How much is a black German Shepherd?
You can expect to pay anywhere from $800 to $2,000 for a high-quality, completely black puppy. This is significantly more expensive than the $500 to $1,500 you can expect to pay for a usual German Shepherd. However, this is still much cheaper than you might expect for a large dog.
Are German shepherds aggressive?
The breed is naturally protective of its owners. If the German Shepherd is not properly socialized, it can become too aggressive with strangers. The German Shepherd is more likely to bite a stranger than a Labrador Retriever, but it is not nearly as aggressive breed as a Pit bull or Rottweiler.
How much is a white German shepherd?
As these dogs are relatively rare, breeders can charge more for a White German Shepherd puppy. While the average puppy price for a standard German Shepherd starts at about $300 and goes up to $900, White German Shepherd puppies cost between $750 – 1000.
How long do German Shepherds live?
Reputable breeders, when pricing their German Shepherd puppies, must factor in the expenses involved in breeding, feeding, raising, and caring for the pups as well as their mother. A reasonable price for a purebred German Shepherd puppy should be around $1200- $2000, depending on your location and the litter size.
Why are German Shepherds so expensive?
Why are German Shepherd puppies so expensive? The main reason German Shepherd puppies cost so much is that the cost of breeding German Shepherds and raising the puppies is not cheap. Below is a chart breaking down the approximate costs associated with breeding.
What dog cost $10000?
1. LÖWCHEN. Löwchens are a petite, long-haired dog that have been a popular breed since the Renaissance, and are even featured prominently in paintings from that period. Nowadays, these “little lions” are extremely rare, pushing their cost to as much as $10,000 in some places around the world.
What dog cost $5000?
An Egyptian Pharaoh hound puppy costs about $5,000. The Thailand Ridgeback is among the 10 most expensive dog breeds because it’s the rarest registered dog breed in America. Thailand Ridgebacks resemble Dobermans.
What is the rarest dog breed?
5 of the World’s Rarest Dog Breeds
- Norwegian Lundehund. Dating back to the Ice Age, the Norwegian Lundehund is recognised as one of the rarest dogs on the planet due to its unique characteristics which aren’t shared by any other breed.
- Lagotto Romagnolo.