This breed is not cheap – the quick answer is that you should plan to spend between $1,500-$3,000 for a German Shepherd from health-tested parents. While it is possible to find puppies without papers for much less (as little as $200 in some cases), these usually come from lines without health and temperament testing.
- If you look for a local breeder who breeds pet-quality purebred German shepherds, you can expect to pay anywhere from $500 to $2,000. There are many purebred German Shepherds who are in need of homes in animal shelters or German Shepherd rescues as well.
- 1 How much would a German Shepherd puppy cost?
- 2 How much does a normal German Shepherd cost?
- 3 What’s the most expensive dog?
- 4 Is a boy or girl German Shepherd better?
- 5 How much is a black German Shepherd worth?
- 6 Why are German Shepherd puppies so expensive?
- 7 How much are blue German Shepherds?
- 8 What dog cost $5000?
- 9 What dog cost $10000?
- 10 How much is a purebred dog?
- 11 Do police use male or female German Shepherds?
- 12 Do German Shepherds bark a lot?
- 13 Do German Shepherds bite owners?
How much would a German Shepherd puppy cost?
If you are buying a puppy from a breeder you can expect to pay anywhere from $600-$1500. The average price of a German Shepherd puppy is $1000. As a general rule reputable breeders tend to charge higher prices because they put more time, effort, and money into caring for their breeding dogs and puppies.
How much does a normal German Shepherd cost?
On average, the cost of a German Shepherd ranges from $500-$1,500. According to NextDayPets, the average price is $800 for a dog that’s bred to be a family pet. The price goes up for show-quality dogs with an exceptional lineage.
What’s the most expensive dog?
Top-10 Most Expensive Dogs
- Dogo Argentino – $8,000.
- Canadian Eskimo Dog – $8,750.
- Rottweiler – $9,000.
- Azawakh – $9,500.
- Tibetan Mastiff – $10,000.
- Chow Chow – $11,000.
- Löwchen – $12,000.
- Samoyed – $14,000. Coming in at the #1 overall spot for the most expensive dog in the world is the Samoyed originating from Siberia.
Is a boy or girl German Shepherd better?
Research shows that males German Shepherds are more aggressive than female German Shepherds. This means that a family should consider choosing a female for a companion over a male. Males tend to perform better for roles in protection and guarding and could do well in a home without children and the proper training.
How much is a black German Shepherd worth?
You can expect to pay anywhere from $800 to $2,000 for a high-quality, completely black puppy. This is significantly more expensive than the $500 to $1,500 you can expect to pay for a usual German Shepherd. However, this is still much cheaper than you might expect for a large dog.
Why are German Shepherd puppies so expensive?
Why are German Shepherd puppies so expensive? The main reason German Shepherd puppies cost so much is that the cost of breeding German Shepherds and raising the puppies is not cheap. Below is a chart breaking down the approximate costs associated with breeding.
How much are blue German Shepherds?
You can expect to pay between $1,200 and $1,500 for a Blue German Shepherd puppy, although the price may vary depending on the breeder. You should always make sure you are buying from a reputable breeder. Blue German Shepherd puppies are normally born in litter sizes of between 1 and 15 puppies.
What dog cost $5000?
An Egyptian Pharaoh hound puppy costs about $5,000. The Thailand Ridgeback is among the 10 most expensive dog breeds because it’s the rarest registered dog breed in America. Thailand Ridgebacks resemble Dobermans.
What dog cost $10000?
1. LÖWCHEN. Löwchens are a petite, long-haired dog that have been a popular breed since the Renaissance, and are even featured prominently in paintings from that period. Nowadays, these “little lions” are extremely rare, pushing their cost to as much as $10,000 in some places around the world.
How much is a purebred dog?
You Should Get What You Pay for The price of a purebred puppy depends on if you are buying a “show or working quality” puppy, or a “companion only” puppy. Puppies sold on a spay/neuter contract usually average around $800.00 in price. Puppies sold for working or competing can be as high priced as $1500.00.
Do police use male or female German Shepherds?
Male dogs are often picked as police dogs. They show more aggression and are stronger as female dogs. You can not say a male dog is better than a female dog. It simply matters how the canine will be assigned to work for you.
Do German Shepherds bark a lot?
German Shepherds have one of the loudest barks and they may bark so loudly that they don’t even hear you. You cannot out yell or scream your German Shepherd while they’re barking at strangers, plus this doesn’t teach them anything except that you also have a strong reaction to the stranger.
Do German Shepherds bite owners?
The American Animal Hospital Association (AAHA) conducted a study and concluded that German Shepherds were one of the most dangerous breeds based on bite severity and frequency of biting. This is not surprising given the fact that German Shepherds have one of the most powerful bites of all breeds.