This breed is not cheap – the quick answer is that you should plan to spend between $1,500-$3,000 for a German Shepherd from health-tested parents. While it is possible to find puppies without papers for much less (as little as $200 in some cases), these usually come from lines without health and temperament testing.
- Purebred German Shepherds cost anywhere from $150 at an animal shelter or rescue to $4,000 from a high-end, reputable breeder. With specialized training, a Work or Show Dog costs about $6,500. A German Shepherd with Specialized Training as a guard, police, search and rescue, or service dog can cost as much as $55,000.
- 1 How much is a pure German Shepherd puppy?
- 2 How much does a normal German Shepherd cost?
- 3 Why are German Shepherd puppies so expensive?
- 4 What’s the most expensive dog?
- 5 How much is a black German Shepherd worth?
- 6 How much is a pitbull?
- 7 How much is a Doberman?
- 8 How much are blue German shepherds?
- 9 How do you pick a German Shepherd puppy from a litter?
- 10 What is Sable GSD?
- 11 What is the cheapest puppy?
- 12 What is the most expensive puppy to buy?
How much is a pure German Shepherd puppy?
Reputable breeders, when pricing their German Shepherd puppies, must factor in the expenses involved in breeding, feeding, raising, and caring for the pups as well as their mother. A reasonable price for a purebred German Shepherd puppy should be around $1200- $2000, depending on your location and the litter size.
How much does a normal German Shepherd cost?
On average, the cost of a German Shepherd ranges from $500-$1,500. According to NextDayPets, the average price is $800 for a dog that’s bred to be a family pet. The price goes up for show-quality dogs with an exceptional lineage.
Why are German Shepherd puppies so expensive?
Why are German Shepherd puppies so expensive? The main reason German Shepherd puppies cost so much is that the cost of breeding German Shepherds and raising the puppies is not cheap. Below is a chart breaking down the approximate costs associated with breeding.
What’s the most expensive dog?
Top-10 Most Expensive Dogs
- Dogo Argentino – $8,000.
- Canadian Eskimo Dog – $8,750.
- Rottweiler – $9,000.
- Azawakh – $9,500.
- Tibetan Mastiff – $10,000.
- Chow Chow – $11,000.
- Löwchen – $12,000.
- Samoyed – $14,000. Coming in at the #1 overall spot for the most expensive dog in the world is the Samoyed originating from Siberia.
How much is a black German Shepherd worth?
You can expect to pay anywhere from $800 to $2,000 for a high-quality, completely black puppy. This is significantly more expensive than the $500 to $1,500 you can expect to pay for a usual German Shepherd. However, this is still much cheaper than you might expect for a large dog.
How much is a pitbull?
A Pitbull puppy price from a reputable breeder can average from $2100 to $21,000. These are puppies that come from prestigious lines. However, it is possible to find Pitbull puppies that cost from $810 to $1,100. These guard dogs when purebred can be very costly.
How much is a Doberman?
You can expect to pay from between $1500 to $2500 for an American Doberman Pinscher puppy from a licensed and reputable breeder. A show quality Dobie is nearer to $2500, but anything under $1000 is a red flag. A European Doberman Pinscher is far more expensive and can cost over $3000.
How much are blue German shepherds?
You can expect to pay between $1,200 and $1,500 for a Blue German Shepherd puppy, although the price may vary depending on the breeder. You should always make sure you are buying from a reputable breeder. Blue German Shepherd puppies are normally born in litter sizes of between 1 and 15 puppies.
How do you pick a German Shepherd puppy from a litter?
Selecting your German Shepherd puppy from a litter
- Choose a puppy that is sociable around you and other puppies.
- Pick a puppy that walks confidently with its head high and tail up and wagging.
- Choose a puppy that has clear eyes, ears, and teeth, walks evenly, and appears clean.
- Look at the personalities of the puppies.
What is Sable GSD?
The Sable German Shepherd is, technically, just a color variant of the regular German Shepherd. Most conformation show breeders and pet breeders focus on producing red or tan dogs with a black saddle and muzzle. The sable German Shepherd genetically comes from working line dogs.
What is the cheapest puppy?
6 of the Least Expensive Dog Breeds to Own
- American Foxhound. While there are also English Foxhounds which are said to run about $100 or so for a puppy, we’re going with the American because we can.
- Black and Tan Coonhound.
- Rat Terrier.
- Miniature Pinscher.
- Golden Retriever.
What is the most expensive puppy to buy?
7 most expensive dog breeds across the world
- English Bulldog. Estimated price: Rs 1,55,000-Rs 2,05,000.
- Pharoah Hound. Estimated price: Up to Rs 4,15,000.
- Cavalier King Charles Spaniel. Estimated price: Rs 62,000-Rs 9,00,000.
- Tibetan Mastiff. Estimated price: Up to Rs 4,50,000.