On average, the cost of a German Shepherd ranges from $500-$1,500. According to NextDayPets, the average price is $800 for a dog that’s bred to be a family pet. The price goes up for show-quality dogs with an exceptional lineage.
- You should expect to pay a premium for a puppy with breeding rights or even for a puppy advertised as show quality with papers. You should budget anywhere from $2,500 upwards to $10,000 or even more for a German Shepherd with top breed lines and a superior pedigree. The average cost for all German Shepherds sold is $800.
- 1 How much should a German Shepherd puppy cost?
- 2 How much do German shepherds cost UK?
- 3 Are German shepherds expensive to own?
- 4 What’s the most expensive dog?
- 5 How much is a black German Shepherd?
- 6 Do German shepherds bark a lot?
- 7 How much is a white German shepherd?
- 8 Are GSD good family dogs?
- 9 How much is a pitbull?
- 10 Are German shepherds aggressive?
- 11 Is owning a German Shepherd hard?
- 12 What dog cost $5000?
- 13 What dog cost $10000?
- 14 What is the rarest dog breed?
How much should a German Shepherd puppy cost?
The bottom line. German Shepherds are no cheap dogs. If you buy a dog from a responsible breeder (whether from a show or a working line), expect to pay around $1,500 for a puppy.
How much do German shepherds cost UK?
How much does a German Shepherd cost? If you buy your German Shepherd from a reputable breeder, you’re probably going to have to spend around £500-2500 for a puppy. Adult dogs that already have some basic training might cost even more.
Are German shepherds expensive to own?
The cost of owning a German Shepherd can be around $85 per month once you have paid for your pup (the average initial buying cost being $2000). Therefore, the lifetime cost of owning a German Shepherd over 10 years can be up to $12,230, for both the cost of the puppy plus all food and care expenses.
What’s the most expensive dog?
Top-10 Most Expensive Dogs
- Dogo Argentino – $8,000.
- Canadian Eskimo Dog – $8,750.
- Rottweiler – $9,000.
- Azawakh – $9,500.
- Tibetan Mastiff – $10,000.
- Chow Chow – $11,000.
- Löwchen – $12,000.
- Samoyed – $14,000. Coming in at the #1 overall spot for the most expensive dog in the world is the Samoyed originating from Siberia.
How much is a black German Shepherd?
You can expect to pay anywhere from $800 to $2,000 for a high-quality, completely black puppy. This is significantly more expensive than the $500 to $1,500 you can expect to pay for a usual German Shepherd. However, this is still much cheaper than you might expect for a large dog.
Do German shepherds bark a lot?
German Shepherds have one of the loudest barks and they may bark so loudly that they don’t even hear you. You cannot out yell or scream your German Shepherd while they’re barking at strangers, plus this doesn’t teach them anything except that you also have a strong reaction to the stranger.
How much is a white German shepherd?
As these dogs are relatively rare, breeders can charge more for a White German Shepherd puppy. While the average puppy price for a standard German Shepherd starts at about $300 and goes up to $900, White German Shepherd puppies cost between $750 – 1000.
Are GSD good family dogs?
German shepherds can be very gentle companions and family protectors with proper training and socialization. It’s an ideal breed for active households. The intelligence and protective demeanor of this breed can make it a good choice for families with children as long as the dog is properly trained.
How much is a pitbull?
A Pitbull puppy price from a reputable breeder can average from $2100 to $21,000. These are puppies that come from prestigious lines. However, it is possible to find Pitbull puppies that cost from $810 to $1,100. These guard dogs when purebred can be very costly.
Are German shepherds aggressive?
The breed is naturally protective of its owners. If the German Shepherd is not properly socialized, it can become too aggressive with strangers. The German Shepherd is more likely to bite a stranger than a Labrador Retriever, but it is not nearly as aggressive breed as a Pit bull or Rottweiler.
Is owning a German Shepherd hard?
Living with a German Shepherd can be highly rewarding or very frustrating, depending on the place they hold in the family and your own ability to train them. At heart, the German Shepherd is a pack animal and needs a role in your family, his pack (akc.org).
What dog cost $5000?
An Egyptian Pharaoh hound puppy costs about $5,000. The Thailand Ridgeback is among the 10 most expensive dog breeds because it’s the rarest registered dog breed in America. Thailand Ridgebacks resemble Dobermans.
What dog cost $10000?
1. LÖWCHEN. Löwchens are a petite, long-haired dog that have been a popular breed since the Renaissance, and are even featured prominently in paintings from that period. Nowadays, these “little lions” are extremely rare, pushing their cost to as much as $10,000 in some places around the world.
What is the rarest dog breed?
5 of the World’s Rarest Dog Breeds
- Norwegian Lundehund. Dating back to the Ice Age, the Norwegian Lundehund is recognised as one of the rarest dogs on the planet due to its unique characteristics which aren’t shared by any other breed.
- Lagotto Romagnolo.