The Long Haired is rarer than the standard GSD, so expect to pay a little more for a puppy. The average price could range from $1,500 to $4,000 for a puppy from a good breeder. It’s essential to find a responsible and reputable breeder as you will want to avoid puppy mills at all costs.7
How long does it take for a German Shepherd to blow his coat?
- Basically, blowing coat is a seasonal molting of all that dead winter (or summer) under coat – and it all happens within just a few days, or weeks, of time, verses the traditional all year “normal” shedding.
- 1 How much is a long haired German shepherd worth?
- 2 How much does a German shepherd girl cost?
- 3 How much does a purebred long haired German shepherd puppy cost?
- 4 How much should a German shepherd puppy cost?
- 5 What’s the most expensive dog?
- 6 What is the most expensive German Shepherd?
- 7 What is the cheapest puppy?
- 8 How much is a trained German Shepherd?
- 9 How much is a black German Shepherd?
- 10 How much are blue German shepherds?
- 11 Why are German shepherds so expensive?
- 12 How much does a German Shepherd cost per month?
- 13 What dog is the smartest dog?
- 14 Do police use male or female German shepherds?
How much is a long haired German shepherd worth?
As these dogs cannot be registered with the AKC, they normally cost less than their Short Haired cousins. You should expect to pay between $500 and $1,000 for a Long Haired German Shepherd without an undercoat.
How much does a German shepherd girl cost?
If you are buying a puppy from a breeder you can expect to pay anywhere from $600-$1500. The average price of a German Shepherd puppy is $1000. As a general rule reputable breeders tend to charge higher prices because they put more time, effort, and money into caring for their breeding dogs and puppies.
How much does a purebred long haired German shepherd puppy cost?
Reputable breeders, when pricing their German Shepherd puppies, must factor in the expenses involved in breeding, feeding, raising, and caring for the pups as well as their mother. A reasonable price for a purebred German Shepherd puppy should be around $1200- $2000, depending on your location and the litter size.
How much should a German shepherd puppy cost?
The bottom line. German Shepherds are no cheap dogs. If you buy a dog from a responsible breeder (whether from a show or a working line), expect to pay around $1,500 for a puppy.
What’s the most expensive dog?
Top-10 Most Expensive Dogs
- Dogo Argentino – $8,000.
- Canadian Eskimo Dog – $8,750.
- Rottweiler – $9,000.
- Azawakh – $9,500.
- Tibetan Mastiff – $10,000.
- Chow Chow – $11,000.
- Löwchen – $12,000.
- Samoyed – $14,000. Coming in at the #1 overall spot for the most expensive dog in the world is the Samoyed originating from Siberia.
What is the most expensive German Shepherd?
It only costs $230,000. CNBC visited the Harrison K-9 facility, a South Carolina-based dog training company that only sells the most highly trained and intelligent German Shepherds to executives and celebrities.
What is the cheapest puppy?
6 of the Least Expensive Dog Breeds to Own
- American Foxhound. While there are also English Foxhounds which are said to run about $100 or so for a puppy, we’re going with the American because we can.
- Black and Tan Coonhound.
- Rat Terrier.
- Miniature Pinscher.
- Golden Retriever.
How much is a trained German Shepherd?
The average price of German Shepherd training is $30 to $80 per basic obedience class. Most people spend about $50 per hour for professional dog trainers depending on where they live. Dog obedience training schools cost $250 to $700 per week. Expect to pay $600 to $1,250 per week for a dog boot camp.
How much is a black German Shepherd?
You can expect to pay anywhere from $800 to $2,000 for a high-quality, completely black puppy. This is significantly more expensive than the $500 to $1,500 you can expect to pay for a usual German Shepherd. However, this is still much cheaper than you might expect for a large dog.
How much are blue German shepherds?
You can expect to pay between $1,200 and $1,500 for a Blue German Shepherd puppy, although the price may vary depending on the breeder. You should always make sure you are buying from a reputable breeder. Blue German Shepherd puppies are normally born in litter sizes of between 1 and 15 puppies.
Why are German shepherds so expensive?
Why are German Shepherd puppies so expensive? The main reason German Shepherd puppies cost so much is that the cost of breeding German Shepherds and raising the puppies is not cheap. Below is a chart breaking down the approximate costs associated with breeding.
How much does a German Shepherd cost per month?
The cost of owning a German Shepherd can be around $85 per month once you have paid for your pup (the average initial buying cost being $2000). Therefore, the lifetime cost of owning a German Shepherd over 10 years can be up to $12,230, for both the cost of the puppy plus all food and care expenses.
What dog is the smartest dog?
1. Border Collie: A workaholic, this breed is the world’s premier sheep herder, prized for its intelligence, extraordinary instinct, and working ability. 2. Poodle: Exceptionally smart and active.
Do police use male or female German shepherds?
Male dogs are often picked as police dogs. They show more aggression and are stronger as female dogs. You can not say a male dog is better than a female dog. It simply matters how the canine will be assigned to work for you.