On average, the cost of a German Shepherd ranges from $500-$1,500. According to NextDayPets, the average price is $800 for a dog that’s bred to be a family pet. The price goes up for show-quality dogs with an exceptional lineage.
- The path you take to acquire your new furry friend will ultimately affect how much you end up spending. From completely free to costing over $1500, the average price you’ll pay for a German Shepherd is $1000. When you decide how much you can spend, time to sort out the details that matter to you.
- 1 How much should I pay for a German Shepherd?
- 2 What is the cost for German Shepherd puppy?
- 3 Why are German shepherds so expensive?
- 4 Are German shepherds expensive to own?
- 5 How much is a black German Shepherd?
- 6 What is the least expensive dog?
- 7 What is the most expensive dog?
- 8 Which is the strongest dog in the world?
- 9 Which dog is best?
- 10 How much is a pitbull?
- 11 How much is a white German shepherd?
- 12 Is a German Shepherd a good family dog?
- 13 Are German shepherds aggressive?
- 14 Is owning a German Shepherd hard?
How much should I pay for a German Shepherd?
Are you looking at adding a German Shepherd to your family and wonder how much you should budget for a puppy? This breed is not cheap – the quick answer is that you should plan to spend between $1,500-$3,000 for a German Shepherd from health-tested parents.
What is the cost for German Shepherd puppy?
German Shepherd puppy price in India In Pune, Maharashtra The Champion’s quality German Shepherd will cost you around Rs. 50,000. If you go for double-coated German Shepherd, the Price may rise to Rs. 70,000.
Why are German shepherds so expensive?
Why are German Shepherd puppies so expensive? The main reason German Shepherd puppies cost so much is that the cost of breeding German Shepherds and raising the puppies is not cheap. Below is a chart breaking down the approximate costs associated with breeding.
Are German shepherds expensive to own?
The cost of owning a German Shepherd can be around $85 per month once you have paid for your pup (the average initial buying cost being $2000). Therefore, the lifetime cost of owning a German Shepherd over 10 years can be up to $12,230, for both the cost of the puppy plus all food and care expenses.
How much is a black German Shepherd?
You can expect to pay anywhere from $800 to $2,000 for a high-quality, completely black puppy. This is significantly more expensive than the $500 to $1,500 you can expect to pay for a usual German Shepherd. However, this is still much cheaper than you might expect for a large dog.
What is the least expensive dog?
30 Least Expensive Dog Breeds
- Treeing Walker Coonhound dog.
- Miniature Pinscher dog.
- American Foxhound dog.
- Parson Russell Terrier dog.
- Plott Hound dog.
- Black and Tan Coonhound dog.
- Rat Terrier dog.
- Harrier dog.
What is the most expensive dog?
Top-10 Most Expensive Dogs
- Dogo Argentino – $8,000.
- Canadian Eskimo Dog – $8,750.
- Rottweiler – $9,000.
- Azawakh – $9,500.
- Tibetan Mastiff – $10,000.
- Chow Chow – $11,000.
- Löwchen – $12,000.
- Samoyed – $14,000. Coming in at the #1 overall spot for the most expensive dog in the world is the Samoyed originating from Siberia.
Which is the strongest dog in the world?
10 of the strongest dog breeds in the world
- Mastiff. Described as “massive” and “heavy-boned,” this giant breed, which can weigh up to 200 pounds, are known to be loyal and protective of their families.
- Saint Bernard.
- Irish Wolfhound.
- Rhodesian Ridgeback.
- Siberian Husky.
Which dog is best?
The 11 best dog breeds, ranked
- Mixed Breeds. Adopt a mutt into the family.
- Labrador Retrievers. Labs’ even temperaments make them incredibly useful as service dogs.
- Pembroke Welsh Corgis. Corgis love pleasing their owners.
- German Shepherds. German Shepherds are incredibly loyal.
- Golden Retrievers.
How much is a pitbull?
A Pitbull puppy price from a reputable breeder can average from $2100 to $21,000. These are puppies that come from prestigious lines. However, it is possible to find Pitbull puppies that cost from $810 to $1,100. These guard dogs when purebred can be very costly.
How much is a white German shepherd?
As these dogs are relatively rare, breeders can charge more for a White German Shepherd puppy. While the average puppy price for a standard German Shepherd starts at about $300 and goes up to $900, White German Shepherd puppies cost between $750 – 1000.
Is a German Shepherd a good family dog?
German shepherds can be very gentle companions and family protectors with proper training and socialization. It’s an ideal breed for active households. The intelligence and protective demeanor of this breed can make it a good choice for families with children as long as the dog is properly trained.
Are German shepherds aggressive?
The breed is naturally protective of its owners. If the German Shepherd is not properly socialized, it can become too aggressive with strangers. The German Shepherd is more likely to bite a stranger than a Labrador Retriever, but it is not nearly as aggressive breed as a Pit bull or Rottweiler.
Is owning a German Shepherd hard?
Living with a German Shepherd can be highly rewarding or very frustrating, depending on the place they hold in the family and your own ability to train them. At heart, the German Shepherd is a pack animal and needs a role in your family, his pack (akc.org).