What should I Feed my German Shepard/husky mix?
- Top 10 Dog Foods For German Shepherd Husky Mix NomNomNow – Wet Dog Food. NomNomNow is of high quality and premium dog food with fresh and restaurant-quality ingredients. Taste Of The Wild – High Prairie Canine Formula. This dog food is packed with high quality of protein sources like lamb, chicken, meat, and beef. Whole Earth Form Grain-Free – With Pork, Beef Lamb. Orijen Orignal Grain-Free. More items
- 1 Are German shepherd husky mixes easy to train?
- 2 Is a German shepherd husky mix a good dog?
- 3 What can I expect from a German shepherd husky mix?
- 4 Are German shepherd husky mix aggressive?
- 5 How often should you bathe a German shepherd husky mix?
- 6 Are Shepskys hard to train?
- 7 How often should I bathe my husky mix?
- 8 How big do Pitskys get?
- 9 How much is a German shepherd husky mix worth?
- 10 How long does a husky mix live?
- 11 How much exercise does a German Shepherd husky mix need?
- 12 What is a good husky mix?
- 13 What is a Rottsky dog?
- 14 Are German shepherd husky mix hypoallergenic?
Are German shepherd husky mixes easy to train?
A fairly intelligent breed interested in learning and in caring for their owner, a German Shepherd and Husky Mix is relatively easy to train. Not properly trained, these dogs can acquire habits that make the owners clench their teeth pull their hair out.
Is a German shepherd husky mix a good dog?
The German Shepherd Husky mix, also known as the Gerberian Shepsky, is a sweet natured, intelligent and playful cross breed. Even though they can grow large, it won’t stop them from wanting to be a lap dog! Attention and love is what they thrive on. This cross breed is a great family dog, companion and best friend.
What can I expect from a German shepherd husky mix?
In general, the German Shepherd Husky Mix has an ideal temperament. They get their friendly, silly, and gentle qualities from the Husky side, while they receive loyalty and bravery from their Shepherd side. The German Shepherd Husky mixed breed is incredibly intelligent will learn quickly when trained appropriately.
Are German shepherd husky mix aggressive?
The Mix. Gerberian Shepskies are the ultimate dogs, meaning they possess traits of both huskies and German Shepherds. This hybrid is loyal, intelligent, playful and easy to train. A German shepsky is an instinctively Alpha dog and may get aggressive or do its own thing if the owner is not firm.
How often should you bathe a German shepherd husky mix?
Unlike other breeds, German Shepherds don’t need to bathe often. In fact, it’s best that they only bathe every 3-4 months. German Shepherds have a double coat – the topcoat and the undercoat.
Are Shepskys hard to train?
Although Gerberian Shepskies learn very quickly, one of the most essential commands for them to master is a solid recall; they have a highly ingrained motivation to run and chase than many other breeds, and if distracted enough, can run dangerously far!
How often should I bathe my husky mix?
Aim for once a month or less, only bathing when your pup starts to smell or his hair begins to mat. If you do bathe your husky, be sure to rinse his coat thoroughly as its thickness is a magnet for leftover shampoo and conditioner.
How big do Pitskys get?
As the Pitsky is a relatively new breed, there are few standards when it comes to size. That said, as a mix between Siberian Husky and American Pit Bull Terrier parents, you can expect the dog to be on the medium to large side. Most weigh in at 30 to 80 pounds and range in height from 16 to 25 inches at the shoulder.
How much is a German shepherd husky mix worth?
The average cost of a German Shepherd Husky mix puppy is from $800 up to over $1,500, depending on where you live and on the achievements and pedigree of the puppy’s parents. Because the Gerberian Shepsky is so popular, you’ll find plenty of breeders online.
How long does a husky mix live?
Both of these working dog breeds are commonly known as both an intelligent dog as well as working dogs. The German Shepherd Husky mix has an expected lifespan of 10 to 13 years old and they can become quite large in size.
How much exercise does a German Shepherd husky mix need?
Shepskies love to exercise. A husky German shepherd mix needs at least one hour of exercise per day, but two or more hours is ideal. A spacious and open backyard can help a shepsky get a lot of the exercise it needs.
What is a good husky mix?
Husky Mix Breeds
- Pitsky (Husky and Pitbull Terrier)
- Gerberian Shepsky (Husky and German Shepherd)
- Cusky (Husky and Corgi)
- Rottsky (Husky and Rottweiler)
- Alusky (Husky and Alaskan Malamute)
- Pomsky (Husky and Pomeranian)
- Hug (Husky and Pug)
- Goberian (Husky and Golden Retriever)
What is a Rottsky dog?
The Rottsky is a designer dog, the deliberate cross between the Rottweiler, a large German dog known for its guarding ability, and the Siberian Husky, an ancient sled dog developed by Russian nomads at some point in prehistory.
Are German shepherd husky mix hypoallergenic?
For sensitive dog owners, you may want to check out our list of 55 hypoallergenic dog breeds. The Shepsky isn’t recommended for those that suffer from allergies.