The Shepsky is a mixed breed dog–a cross between the German Shepherd and Siberian Husky dog breeds. Medium in size, energetic, and loyal, these pups inherited some of the best qualities from both of their parents. The Shepsky is also commonly called the Gerberian Shepsky.
What does a husky mix look like?
- Husky lab mix generally has erect ears and triangular head. Husky lab mix is a long-legged tall dog. Some of them have erect ear and some have droopy. He has a black curled up tail with a white tip. Their coat is either brown and copper or black and white with medium hair length. They weigh up to 40 to 60 pounds.
- 1 Is a German Shepherd husky mix a good dog?
- 2 How much is a German Shepherd mix with husky?
- 3 Are German Shepherd husky mix aggressive?
- 4 Do Shepskys like to cuddle?
- 5 What is a Rottsky?
- 6 How big do Shepskys get?
- 7 Are Shepskies aggressive?
- 8 What is the smartest dog?
- 9 Are Shepskys easy to train?
- 10 What is a husky poo?
- 11 What is a good husky mix?
- 12 What is price of Husky?
- 13 Do German shepherds bite?
- 14 How often should I bathe my husky mix?
Is a German Shepherd husky mix a good dog?
The German Shepherd Husky mix, also known as the Gerberian Shepsky, is a sweet natured, intelligent and playful cross breed. Even though they can grow large, it won’t stop them from wanting to be a lap dog! Attention and love is what they thrive on. This cross breed is a great family dog, companion and best friend.
How much is a German Shepherd mix with husky?
The average cost of a German Shepherd Husky mix puppy is from $800 up to over $1,500, depending on where you live and on the achievements and pedigree of the puppy’s parents. Because the Gerberian Shepsky is so popular, you’ll find plenty of breeders online.
Are German Shepherd husky mix aggressive?
The Mix. Gerberian Shepskies are the ultimate dogs, meaning they possess traits of both huskies and German Shepherds. This hybrid is loyal, intelligent, playful and easy to train. A German shepsky is an instinctively Alpha dog and may get aggressive or do its own thing if the owner is not firm.
Do Shepskys like to cuddle?
With lots of love and attention, your Gerberian Shepsky will settle into a nice routine of work and play. Be sure to snuggle up for plenty of cuddles at the end of a long day!
What is a Rottsky?
The Rottsky is an intentional hybrid, the combination of a large and muscular guard dog from Germany, the Rottweiler, and the Siberian Husky, an ancient canine that has been an integral part of life for the Chukchi people of Russia since before written history in the area.
How big do Shepskys get?
As the Shepsky is a relatively new breed, there are few standards when it comes to size. That said, as a mix between German Shepherd and Siberian Husky parents, you can expect Shepskies to be medium to large in size. Most weigh in at 45 to 88 pounds and range in height from 20 to 25 inches at the shoulder.
Are Shepskies aggressive?
The Gerberian Shepsky is a beautiful dog with the most startling blue or light golden eyes inherited from the Siberian Husky parent. They are good with children, but are not so good with cats and other dogs unless they have been socialized thoroughly. They can become aggressive if their humans are threatened.
What is the smartest dog?
Check out the top ten smartest dog breeds.
- Border Collie. Smart, Energetic Dog: This breed is notably known for being high-energy herding dogs.
- Poodle. A Friendly, Active Breed: A Poodle is one of the smartest dog breeds.
- German Shepherd Dog.
- Golden Retriever.
- Doberman Pinscher.
- Shetland Sheepdog.
- Labrador Retriever.
Are Shepskys easy to train?
Shepskies that take after their shepherd parent are typically very intelligent, loyal and focused; those who more closely resemble their husky parent are usually loyal and affectionate, but they are more difficult to manage and prone to wandering off if allowed off a leash train.
What is a husky poo?
The Huskydoodle is a mixed breed dog–a cross between the Siberian Husky and Poodle dog breeds. Highly intelligent, full of energy, and sociable, these pups inherited some of the best traits from both of their parents. Huskydoodles go by several names, including Siberpoo, Poosky, Siberian Poodle, and Huskypoo.
What is a good husky mix?
Husky Mix Breeds
- Pitsky (Husky and Pitbull Terrier)
- Gerberian Shepsky (Husky and German Shepherd)
- Cusky (Husky and Corgi)
- Rottsky (Husky and Rottweiler)
- Alusky (Husky and Alaskan Malamute)
- Pomsky (Husky and Pomeranian)
- Hug (Husky and Pug)
- Goberian (Husky and Golden Retriever)
What is price of Husky?
The average cost of a Husky puppy is ₹60,000 to ₹80,000. However, don’t be surprised if the price is higher. Some breeders charge as much as ₹1,00,000 to ₹1,50,000.
Do German shepherds bite?
The American Animal Hospital Association (AAHA) conducted a study and concluded that German Shepherds were one of the most dangerous breeds based on bite severity and frequency of biting. This is not surprising given the fact that German Shepherds have one of the most powerful bites of all breeds.
How often should I bathe my husky mix?
Aim for once a month or less, only bathing when your pup starts to smell or his hair begins to mat. If you do bathe your husky, be sure to rinse his coat thoroughly as its thickness is a magnet for leftover shampoo and conditioner.