What do you need to know about a German Shepherd?
- To meet this world standard each dog must pass a companion dog temperament test (BH), a minimum of a SchH1/IPO1 working degree, certified hips (“a” stamp or OFA) a 12 mile endurance test followed by an examination for physical soundness. The dog must also compete at a show to achieve a conformation rating of at least a SG or better.
- 1 What is the rarest color of German Shepherd?
- 2 What is the most rare German Shepherd?
- 3 What is a fair price for a German Shepherd puppy?
- 4 What is a bicolor German Shepherd?
- 5 What is Sable GSD?
- 6 What is the most expensive German Shepherd?
- 7 Which is the best breed of German Shepherd?
- 8 How do you pick a German Shepherd puppy from a litter?
- 9 Why are German Shepherd puppies so expensive?
- 10 What is straight back German Shepherd?
- 11 Are there white German shepherd dogs?
- 12 Do German shepherds get lighter as they get older?
- 13 Are German shepherd double coat?
What is the rarest color of German Shepherd?
The rarest color of German Shepherd is the isabella due to the recessive combination of liver and blue. You will have to search for a long time to get such a puppy – and his price will likely be high as well!
What is the most rare German Shepherd?
The blue German Shepherd is one of the rarest variations of the breed and may cost up to five times as much as traditional black and tan variations. This color is declared a serious fault and therefore these dogs are not allow to compete in shows, although they are recognized by the American Kennel Club.
What is a fair price for a German Shepherd puppy?
This breed is not cheap – the quick answer is that you should plan to spend between $1,500-$3,000 for a German Shepherd from health-tested parents. While it is possible to find puppies without papers for much less (as little as $200 in some cases), these usually come from lines without health and temperament testing.
What is a bicolor German Shepherd?
Bicolor German Shepherd Bicolor shepherds are considered a variation of the black and tan. The dog’s entire body is black except for a few areas of brown or tan, usually on the feet, under the tail, in the eyebrows, and sometimes there is a small spot on the cheeks.
What is Sable GSD?
The Sable German Shepherd is, technically, just a color variant of the regular German Shepherd. Most conformation show breeders and pet breeders focus on producing red or tan dogs with a black saddle and muzzle. The sable German Shepherd genetically comes from working line dogs.
What is the most expensive German Shepherd?
It only costs $230,000. CNBC visited the Harrison K-9 facility, a South Carolina-based dog training company that only sells the most highly trained and intelligent German Shepherds to executives and celebrities.
Which is the best breed of German Shepherd?
Dutch Shepherd Dutch Shepherd dogs are herding dogs bred by Dutch farmers and shepherds to adapt to tough conditions. Dutch Shepherds are among the best shepherd dogs and most competent at herding, agility, obedience, and guarding. They are great companions who are very loyal and protective of their owner and family.
How do you pick a German Shepherd puppy from a litter?
Selecting your German Shepherd puppy from a litter
- Choose a puppy that is sociable around you and other puppies.
- Pick a puppy that walks confidently with its head high and tail up and wagging.
- Choose a puppy that has clear eyes, ears, and teeth, walks evenly, and appears clean.
- Look at the personalities of the puppies.
Why are German Shepherd puppies so expensive?
Why are German Shepherd puppies so expensive? The main reason German Shepherd puppies cost so much is that the cost of breeding German Shepherds and raising the puppies is not cheap. Below is a chart breaking down the approximate costs associated with breeding.
What is straight back German Shepherd?
German Shepherds with straight backs are the original type of the breed. Their back forms a straight line. They’re called “old fashioned ” because the German grandfather of this dog breed established them this way and especially working lines have been bred to resemble that type ever since.
Are there white German shepherd dogs?
The White Shepherd is a variety of the German Shepherd bred in the United States. Although white coated German Shepherds have been known in Europe as early as 1882, in 1933 the breed’s standard was amended in their native Germany, banning white coated dogs from registration.
Do German shepherds get lighter as they get older?
Yes, they do, except Black German Shepherds and White German Shepherds. But color changes depend entirely on your German Shepherd’s genetics and bloodline. Some bloodlines have a specific color scheme, which may lighten or darken as they grow.
Are German shepherd double coat?
German Shepherds have a double coat which is close and dense with a thick undercoat. The coat is accepted in two variants: medium and long. The gene for long hair is recessive, and therefore the long-haired variety is rarer. Most commonly, German Shepherds are either tan/black or red/black.