The Best German Shepherd Mixes
- Golden Shepherd. Parents: Golden Retriever x German Shepherd mix.
- Shug. Parents: Pug x German Shepherd mix.
- Chow Shepherd. Parents: Chow Chow x German Shepherd mix.
- Labrashepherd. Parents: Labrador x German Shepherd mix.
- Gerberian Shepsky.
- Corman Shepherd.
What are the most popular German Shepherd mixes?
- German Shepherd Golden Retriever Mix (Golden Shepherd) The most popular mixed breed German Shepherd is the Golden Shepherd. This mixture of Golden Retriever with the German Shepherd is the best of both worlds.
- 1 What dog goes well with a German shepherd?
- 2 Do German shepherds like having another dog?
- 3 Are German Shepherds aggressive towards other dogs?
- 4 Do German Shepherds attach to one person?
- 5 What do German shepherds hate?
- 6 Can you have 2 female German shepherds?
- 7 Are male German shepherds bigger than females?
- 8 How do you punish a German Shepherd?
- 9 Why is my German Shepherd so mean?
- 10 Why is my German Shepherd puppy attacking me?
- 11 Do German Shepherds like to cuddle?
- 12 What does it mean when my German Shepherds ears go back?
- 13 Why do German Shepherds tilt their heads?
What dog goes well with a German shepherd?
German Shepherds are friendly, playful, energetic, and adaptable dogs that can get along well with many dogs of similar size and temperament. Some of the most compatible companion breeds include Belgian Malinois, Labrador Retriever, Golden Retriever, Boxer, and other German Shepherds.
Do German shepherds like having another dog?
German Shepherds are generally good with other dogs. However, because they are an intelligent working breed, it’s not unusual for them to be somewhat aloof when encountering dogs for the first time. But once another dog has gained their trust, it’s easy for them to become fast friends.
Are German Shepherds aggressive towards other dogs?
Contrary to popular belief, true dog dominance is quite rare. However, if your German Shepherd is dominant they may try to assert their power over other dogs by being aggressive towards them. Some dominant behaviors include: and/or chasing another dog until they cower down or show submission.
Do German Shepherds attach to one person?
German Shepherds will generally attach themselves to one person in the family, but they can still be a good family dog. Although they have their fair share of behavioral issues, these generally stem from a lack of leadership on the part of their pet parents.
What do German shepherds hate?
15 Things German Shepherds Don’t Like About Their Owners
- Favorite toy taken away (being obnoxious is how I show my appreciation).
- Having to head home after a two-mile walk (you’re tired already?).
- Getting a haircut (I’m a shepherd not a sheep!).
- Any type of dog clothes (except a bandana because bandanas are cool).
Can you have 2 female German shepherds?
Two female German Shepherds can get along and live together; however, GSDs are known to develop same-gender aggression, whereby two same-sexed dogs in the same home will show aggression toward each other. Nonetheless, you can prevent this with socialization, training, and early intervention.
Are male German shepherds bigger than females?
While there are exceptions to every rule, the male German Shepherd is generally larger than the female German Shepherd. The male can weigh up to 95 pounds, while the female typically is lower – anywhere from 75 to 85 pounds. Males may exhibit more protectiveness due to their muscular build and larger size.
How do you punish a German Shepherd?
To discipline a German Shepherd, redirect unwanted behavior, such as destructive chewing, by distracting your dog and offer an interesting chew toy instead. Use positive reinforcement by rewarding good behavior with treats or toys. Don’t use physical punishment, yell, or encourage bad behavior.
Why is my German Shepherd so mean?
The pure bite strength of a grown German Shepherd is enough to break a bone and cause very serious physical injuries. This breed is also prone to becoming very territorial and possessive. If they feel like they are being invaded or have unwanted guests, this can lead to an aggressive outburst.
Why is my German Shepherd puppy attacking me?
Puppy nipping is completely normal behavior most puppies go through. It’s similar to the mouthing period babies go through when teething. However, in German Shepherds, the behavior may be more pronounced and more intense than in some other breeds of puppies.
Do German Shepherds like to cuddle?
3) They often snuggle or cuddle. Apart from following you around, German Shepherds like to feel physically close to you. Snuggling or cuddling is one of the best signs that your GSD is being affectionate because this is one way they treat you as part of their pack.
What does it mean when my German Shepherds ears go back?
Putting their ears back is a normal reaction for German Shepherds and dogs generally in certain situations. When your dog is excited, scared, being submissive, awaiting a head rub, or trying to protect their ears, it is a natural reaction for them to pin their ears down.
Why do German Shepherds tilt their heads?
Noises which are far out of reach of the human ear are easily discernible to a German Shepherd’s auditory senses. If they hear something which they don’t recognize or can’t decipher, they will try to tune into the sound more by tilting their heads. Think of it as directional sound capturing.