In general, the German Shepherd Husky Mix has an ideal temperament. They get their friendly, silly, and gentle qualities from the Husky side, while they receive loyalty and bravery from their Shepherd side. The German Shepherd Husky mixed breed is incredibly intelligent will learn quickly when trained appropriately.
How big does a German Shepherd husky mix get?
- German Shepherd Husky Mix – The Loyal Gerberian Shepsky. February 18, 2019 By Sarah Holloway 41 Comments. The German Shepherd Husky mix is a striking blend of German Shepherd and Siberian Husky. Weighing from 35-90lb and standing from 20-26 inches tall, this is a medium to large dog that requires plenty of exercise and daily grooming.
- 1 Are German Shepherd husky mix good dogs?
- 2 Are German Shepherd husky mix aggressive?
- 3 How much exercise does a German Shepherd husky mix need?
- 4 Are German Shepherd husky mixes good with kids?
- 5 Do Shepskys like to cuddle?
- 6 How often should I bathe my husky mix?
- 7 Are Shepskys easy to train?
- 8 How big do Pitskys get?
- 9 How often should you bathe a German shepherd husky mix?
- 10 How much is a German shepherd husky mix worth?
- 11 Do shepherd husky mix shed?
- 12 Are Shepskys good family dogs?
- 13 What is a good husky mix?
Are German Shepherd husky mix good dogs?
German Shepherd Husky Mixes can be good with children and with other pets if they’re well-socialized and well-trained from an early age. Known to be intelligent and extremely loyal, the German Shepherd Husky Mix is a fun loving, sweet, and pleasant dog. It is great service or companion dog for the family.
Are German Shepherd husky mix aggressive?
The Mix. Gerberian Shepskies are the ultimate dogs, meaning they possess traits of both huskies and German Shepherds. This hybrid is loyal, intelligent, playful and easy to train. A German shepsky is an instinctively Alpha dog and may get aggressive or do its own thing if the owner is not firm.
How much exercise does a German Shepherd husky mix need?
Shepskies love to exercise. A husky German shepherd mix needs at least one hour of exercise per day, but two or more hours is ideal. A spacious and open backyard can help a shepsky get a lot of the exercise it needs.
Are German Shepherd husky mixes good with kids?
Husky German Shepherd Mix Temperament This Husky Shepherd mix is extremely friendly, easily trainable, and has positive social tendencies. They are a loving and playful breed that is great around children while maintaining the protective side that makes them good guard dogs to have for the family.
Do Shepskys like to cuddle?
With lots of love and attention, your Gerberian Shepsky will settle into a nice routine of work and play. Be sure to snuggle up for plenty of cuddles at the end of a long day!
How often should I bathe my husky mix?
Aim for once a month or less, only bathing when your pup starts to smell or his hair begins to mat. If you do bathe your husky, be sure to rinse his coat thoroughly as its thickness is a magnet for leftover shampoo and conditioner.
Are Shepskys easy to train?
Shepskies that take after their shepherd parent are typically very intelligent, loyal and focused; those who more closely resemble their husky parent are usually loyal and affectionate, but they are more difficult to manage and prone to wandering off if allowed off a leash train.
How big do Pitskys get?
As the Pitsky is a relatively new breed, there are few standards when it comes to size. That said, as a mix between Siberian Husky and American Pit Bull Terrier parents, you can expect the dog to be on the medium to large side. Most weigh in at 30 to 80 pounds and range in height from 16 to 25 inches at the shoulder.
How often should you bathe a German shepherd husky mix?
Unlike other breeds, German Shepherds don’t need to bathe often. In fact, it’s best that they only bathe every 3-4 months. German Shepherds have a double coat – the topcoat and the undercoat.
How much is a German shepherd husky mix worth?
The average cost of a German Shepherd Husky mix puppy is from $800 up to over $1,500, depending on where you live and on the achievements and pedigree of the puppy’s parents. Because the Gerberian Shepsky is so popular, you’ll find plenty of breeders online.
Do shepherd husky mix shed?
Grooming and Shedding The Gerberian Shepsky is a moderate shedder, so if you’re planning on bringing this dog home, you’ll have to make sure that no one in the family has allergies. If someone in the family does have allergies, you may want to consider looking into hypoallergenic dogs.
Are Shepskys good family dogs?
The Gerberian Shepsky is loyal, alert, affectionate and intelligent. They can be reserved and a bit wary with stranger’s due to their protective instincts to the owner and their family. They are good with children, but are not so good with cats and other dogs unless they have been socialized thoroughly.
What is a good husky mix?
Husky Mix Breeds
- Pitsky (Husky and Pitbull Terrier)
- Gerberian Shepsky (Husky and German Shepherd)
- Cusky (Husky and Corgi)
- Rottsky (Husky and Rottweiler)
- Alusky (Husky and Alaskan Malamute)
- Pomsky (Husky and Pomeranian)
- Hug (Husky and Pug)
- Goberian (Husky and Golden Retriever)