German Shepherd Weight Charts
|Age||Weight Range||Percentage of Adult Weight|
|2 months||11 – 17 lbs / 5 – 7.5 kg||22%|
|3 months||17 – 26 lbs / 8 – 12 kg||40%|
|4 months||31 – 35 lbs / 14 – 16 kg||50%|
|5 months||35 – 44 lbs / 16 – 20 kg||60%|
How big does a German Shepherd dog get?
- German Shepherds weigh anywhere between 66 to 88 pounds for males and between 49 to 71 pounds for females. German Shepherd Dogs large dogs and their weight is justified by their height, which at the shoulder is about 24 to 26 inches for males and 22 to 24 inches for females.
- 1 How can I tell how big my German Shepherd puppy will be?
- 2 How big is a 6 month old German Shepherd?
- 3 How much weight should a German Shepherd puppy gain per week?
- 4 Do German Shepherd puppies get lighter?
- 5 At what age does a German Shepherd start guarding?
- 6 How much should my German Shepherd puppy weigh?
- 7 How much should a German Shepherd puppy weigh at 6 weeks?
- 8 How much should a 3 week old German Shepherd puppy weigh?
- 9 Are German shepherds supposed to be skinny?
- 10 Which color German Shepherd is best?
- 11 What is the rarest German Shepherd color?
How can I tell how big my German Shepherd puppy will be?
At about a month, German Shepherd puppies will weigh 4.5-9 lbs.; females weigh less, and males will be at the top of the range. At two months, you can expect them to weigh in at 11-20 lbs.
How big is a 6 month old German Shepherd?
A six-month-old German Shepherd puppy will be quite large as many German Shepherds undergo massive growth spurts between two and five months old. By six months, a male German Shepherd will weigh 53 pounds on average, whereas a female will weigh about 46 pounds.
How much weight should a German Shepherd puppy gain per week?
A puppy should begin gaining weight from the day he is born. He should gain between 10-15% of his birth weight each day. But a simple rule of thumb is to expect your pup to gain about 5 ounces per week for small breeds and 2.5 pounds a week for large breeds.
Do German Shepherd puppies get lighter?
German Shepherd puppies go through color stages when growing up. Their coat is first mostly black and they only have tan “socks”. Then from week to week they start growing into these socks and they are getting lighter and lighter till they have the original German Shepherd colors.
At what age does a German Shepherd start guarding?
Adolescence in most dogs starts around 6 months of age and typically goes until around 2 years of age. If your dog is protective in any of the 3 ways mentioned above, you will start to see their puppy behavior change sometime between 6-12 months of age.
How much should my German Shepherd puppy weigh?
Can Eggs Make My Dog Gain Weight? That’s another yes! Eggs are loaded with healthy fat and protein to help your dog gain weight. They also provide the amino acids that your pup needs but can’t produce naturally.
How much should a German Shepherd puppy weigh at 6 weeks?
How big a 6 week old German Shepherd really depends on their parents and their specific breeding history, but on average, a baby German Shepherd weighs around 12 to 15 pounds at six weeks of age.
How much should a 3 week old German Shepherd puppy weigh?
Normal weight for a newborn German Shepherd puppy ranges from 370g to 600g (0.8 lbs – 1.3 lbs), with the average being around 1 lb. We take great care to ensure that our newborn German Shepherd puppies have the best chance for a healthy start.
Are German shepherds supposed to be skinny?
Fit German Shepherds may at first seem slightly underweight. But if you see their ribs protruding or their hip bones raised and easily felt when petting, this is a sign of being underweight. You should first check with your vet for possible medical issues.
Which color German Shepherd is best?
The most popular German Shepherd colors are black and tan, black and red, black and cream and black and silver. German Shepherds will have one of two coats, either a medium coat or long coat.
What is the rarest German Shepherd color?
The rarest color of German Shepherd is the isabella due to the recessive combination of liver and blue. You will have to search for a long time to get such a puppy – and his price will likely be high as well!