Is there a German Shepherd rescue in Orange County?
- Founded in 2004, Coastal German Shepherd Rescue is a non-profit 501(c)3 public charity based in Orange County, California. We are an all volunteer run organization, with no paid employees, and are dedicated to finding loving homes for abandoned dogs in Southern California.
- 1 What is the best website to adopt a dog?
- 2 How much do German shepherds cost in California?
- 3 What is a good price for a German Shepherd puppy?
- 4 What is the best way to buy a German Shepherd puppy?
- 5 Where is the best place to get a dog?
- 6 Is PetFinder a good site?
- 7 How do you pick a German Shepherd puppy from a litter?
- 8 What is the most expensive German Shepherd?
- 9 Why are German Shepherd puppies so expensive?
- 10 Is a boy or girl German Shepherd better?
- 11 What is the rarest German Shepherd color?
- 12 How much is a purebred German Shepherd puppy?
- 13 What to know before buying a German Shepherd?
- 14 How can I get a cheap German Shepherd puppy?
- 15 What should I ask my German Shepherd breeder?
What is the best website to adopt a dog?
The 9 Best Pet Adoption Websites
- Petfinder. Petfinder provides a nearly endless selection of dogs, cats, reptiles, horses, rabbits, and even barnyard animals.
- Adopt a Pet.
- Rescue Me.
- Best Friends Animal Society.
- Petsmart Charities.
- The Shelter Project.
- AKC Rescue Network.
How much do German shepherds cost in California?
A German Shepherd’s upfront cost depends on various factors such as the color, purpose for breeding, location, and parent breeds. On average, German Shepherd puppies could cost anywhere between $500 to $1,500.
What is a good price for a German Shepherd puppy?
The bottom line. German Shepherds are no cheap dogs. If you buy a dog from a responsible breeder (whether from a show or a working line), expect to pay around $1,500 for a puppy.
What is the best way to buy a German Shepherd puppy?
Locate a reputable German Shepherd breeder in your area. Talk to others who own German Shepherds. Visit area dog parks, dog shows, and other places in your area where people gather with their dogs. Ask if they bought their dog from a breeder and if they were happy with the experience.
Where is the best place to get a dog?
Your local animal shelter or rescue organization can help you find the right match for your family. There are also breed-specific rescue groups for every breed of dog, including “designer” or “hybrids” like labradoodles and puggles. The Shelter Pet Project can help you find a great dog or puppy in your area!
Is PetFinder a good site?
PetFinder has a consumer rating of 1.64 stars from 253 reviews indicating that most customers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Consumers complaining about PetFinder most frequently mention local shelters, loving homes and next day problems. PetFinder ranks 11th among Lost Pet sites.
How do you pick a German Shepherd puppy from a litter?
Selecting your German Shepherd puppy from a litter
- Choose a puppy that is sociable around you and other puppies.
- Pick a puppy that walks confidently with its head high and tail up and wagging.
- Choose a puppy that has clear eyes, ears, and teeth, walks evenly, and appears clean.
- Look at the personalities of the puppies.
What is the most expensive German Shepherd?
It only costs $230,000. CNBC visited the Harrison K-9 facility, a South Carolina-based dog training company that only sells the most highly trained and intelligent German Shepherds to executives and celebrities.
Why are German Shepherd puppies so expensive?
Why are German Shepherd puppies so expensive? The main reason German Shepherd puppies cost so much is that the cost of breeding German Shepherds and raising the puppies is not cheap. Below is a chart breaking down the approximate costs associated with breeding.
Is a boy or girl German Shepherd better?
Research shows that males German Shepherds are more aggressive than female German Shepherds. This means that a family should consider choosing a female for a companion over a male. Males tend to perform better for roles in protection and guarding and could do well in a home without children and the proper training.
What is the rarest German Shepherd color?
The rarest color of German Shepherd is the isabella due to the recessive combination of liver and blue. You will have to search for a long time to get such a puppy – and his price will likely be high as well!
How much is a purebred German Shepherd puppy?
Reputable breeders, when pricing their German Shepherd puppies, must factor in the expenses involved in breeding, feeding, raising, and caring for the pups as well as their mother. A reasonable price for a purebred German Shepherd puppy should be around $1200- $2000, depending on your location and the litter size.
What to know before buying a German Shepherd?
So here are the 10 things you really need to know before adopting a German shepherd.
- They are smart.
- They can have high-energy needs.
- They require mental stimulation.
- They’re cuddle bugs at home but aloof in public.
- German shepherds are natural guard dogs.
- They are excellent listeners.
How can I get a cheap German Shepherd puppy?
How to Buy a Cheap German Shepherd Dog
- Visit your local animal shelter, such as the county or city pound, SPCA or Humane Society.
- Attend adoption events of local German Shepherd rescues.
What should I ask my German Shepherd breeder?
7 Questions To Ask Your German Shepherd Breeder
- Important Questions For Your German Shepherd Breeder.
- Have The Parents Been Tested?
- Are The Parents Registered?
- Can You Meet The Parents?
- What Are The Health Concerns In The Parents?
- Do They Provide A Health Guarantee?
- Are Puppies Up To Date With Vaccinations And Vet Care?