- You can purchase German Shepherds for sale from pet stores, breeders, or private parties. You may also find these puppies for sale at local dog shows. If you are going to participate in puppy auctions, be sure to practice with your dog beforehand to prevent any biting during the competition.
- 1 How much does it cost to buy a baby German Shepherd?
- 2 How can I buy a German Shepherd puppy?
- 3 What’s the most expensive dog?
- 4 Why are German Shepherd puppies so expensive?
- 5 How much is a GSD?
- 6 How do I pick a German Shepherd puppy from a litter?
- 7 What is Sable GSD?
- 8 What dog cost $5000?
- 9 What is the rarest dog breed?
- 10 How much should I pay for a German Shepherd?
- 11 How much is a black German Shepherd?
How much does it cost to buy a baby German Shepherd?
If you are buying a puppy from a breeder you can expect to pay anywhere from $600-$1500. The average price of a German Shepherd puppy is $1000. As a general rule reputable breeders tend to charge higher prices because they put more time, effort, and money into caring for their breeding dogs and puppies.
How can I buy a German Shepherd puppy?
Buying a German Shepherd Puppy (5 Essential Basics)
- Pick the Type of Dog You Want: Companion, Show or Working Quality.
- Choose a Male or Female German Shepherd.
- Determine the Coat Length and Color You Like.
- Find Quality Sources of Healthy Puppies.
- Know the Good from the Bad Breeders to Stay Safe.
What’s the most expensive dog?
Top-10 Most Expensive Dogs
- Dogo Argentino – $8,000.
- Canadian Eskimo Dog – $8,750.
- Rottweiler – $9,000.
- Azawakh – $9,500.
- Tibetan Mastiff – $10,000.
- Chow Chow – $11,000.
- Löwchen – $12,000.
- Samoyed – $14,000. Coming in at the #1 overall spot for the most expensive dog in the world is the Samoyed originating from Siberia.
Why are German Shepherd puppies so expensive?
Why are German Shepherd puppies so expensive? The main reason German Shepherd puppies cost so much is that the cost of breeding German Shepherds and raising the puppies is not cheap. Below is a chart breaking down the approximate costs associated with breeding.
How much is a GSD?
On average, the cost of a German Shepherd ranges from $500-$1,500. According to NextDayPets, the average price is $800 for a dog that’s bred to be a family pet. The price goes up for show-quality dogs with an exceptional lineage.
How do I pick a German Shepherd puppy from a litter?
Selecting your German Shepherd puppy from a litter
- Choose a puppy that is sociable around you and other puppies.
- Pick a puppy that walks confidently with its head high and tail up and wagging.
- Choose a puppy that has clear eyes, ears, and teeth, walks evenly, and appears clean.
- Look at the personalities of the puppies.
What is Sable GSD?
The Sable German Shepherd is, technically, just a color variant of the regular German Shepherd. Most conformation show breeders and pet breeders focus on producing red or tan dogs with a black saddle and muzzle. The sable German Shepherd genetically comes from working line dogs.
What dog cost $5000?
An Egyptian Pharaoh hound puppy costs about $5,000. The Thailand Ridgeback is among the 10 most expensive dog breeds because it’s the rarest registered dog breed in America. Thailand Ridgebacks resemble Dobermans.
What is the rarest dog breed?
5 of the World’s Rarest Dog Breeds
- Norwegian Lundehund. Dating back to the Ice Age, the Norwegian Lundehund is recognised as one of the rarest dogs on the planet due to its unique characteristics which aren’t shared by any other breed.
- Lagotto Romagnolo.
How much should I pay for a German Shepherd?
Are you looking at adding a German Shepherd to your family and wonder how much you should budget for a puppy? This breed is not cheap – the quick answer is that you should plan to spend between $1,500-$3,000 for a German Shepherd from health-tested parents.
How much is a black German Shepherd?
You can expect to pay anywhere from $800 to $2,000 for a high-quality, completely black puppy. This is significantly more expensive than the $500 to $1,500 you can expect to pay for a usual German Shepherd. However, this is still much cheaper than you might expect for a large dog.