Top 10 reasons why you would want a German Shepherd
- #1 German Shepherds are highly intelligent.
- #2 German Shepherds are healthy.
- #3 German Shepherds are highly adaptable.
- #4 German Shepherds are active.
- #5 German Shepherds are devoted to their families.
- #6 German Shepherds are loyal and protective.
What do you need to know before you get a German Shepherd?
- 9 Things You Need To Know Before Getting A German Shepard 1. There will be fur. Everywhere. 2. Expect to buy a lot of replacement toys. 3. They require a ton of attention. 4. They tend to play rough. 5. Their bark is worse than their bite Sometimes. 6. Get ready to have an extra shadow. 7. So. Much. Whining.
- 1 Who is a German Shepherd best for?
- 2 Is a German Shepherd right for me?
- 3 What is special about German shepherds?
- 4 Are German shepherds good pets?
- 5 Is German Shepherd a good first dog?
- 6 Is German Shepherd family dog?
- 7 Do German shepherds bark a lot?
- 8 Is owning a German Shepherd hard?
- 9 Do German Shepherds like to cuddle?
- 10 What is the best family dog?
- 11 What is the smartest dog?
- 12 Can German shepherds be left alone?
- 13 How much do German shepherds cost?
- 14 How do I pick a good German Shepherd puppy?
Who is a German Shepherd best for?
Though they are excellent herding dogs, German shepherds are very well suited to work as service animals, such as guide dogs for the blind. They are excellent performing as working dogs, especially in police and military operations. They also make highly effective guard dogs.
Is a German Shepherd right for me?
German Shepherds are highly intelligent. If they are not given a job to do they will often come up with their own. Like any dog, the German Shepherd is a social animal and needs to be part of a family. The loyalty that endears this breed to many requires that it not be banished to the backyard.
What is special about German shepherds?
German Shepherds are famous for their intelligent, loyal, and hardworking natures. They are often used as guide, therapy, search-and-rescue, police, military, and narcotics and explosives detecting dogs. While they can come across as aloof to strangers, they are known to be wonderful family dogs.
Are German shepherds good pets?
Bred for herding and commonly used as watchdogs due to their high level of intelligence, German Shepherds make great pets for active households. Regular training for your German Shepherd is imperative for a well-behaved, sociable pet. They need both mental and physical stimulation daily because they are so clever.
Is German Shepherd a good first dog?
German Shepherds are good first dogs for first-time owners. They are easy to train, obedient, affectionate, loyal, are good with kids and other pets, making them an excellent choice for both families or lone owners. However, they need a lot of exercise, shed a lot, and can become clingy.
Is German Shepherd family dog?
Research shows that males German Shepherds are more aggressive than female German Shepherds. This means that a family should consider choosing a female for a companion over a male. Males tend to perform better for roles in protection and guarding and could do well in a home without children and the proper training.
Do German shepherds bark a lot?
German Shepherds have one of the loudest barks and they may bark so loudly that they don’t even hear you. You cannot out yell or scream your German Shepherd while they’re barking at strangers, plus this doesn’t teach them anything except that you also have a strong reaction to the stranger.
Is owning a German Shepherd hard?
Living with a German Shepherd can be highly rewarding or very frustrating, depending on the place they hold in the family and your own ability to train them. At heart, the German Shepherd is a pack animal and needs a role in your family, his pack (akc.org).
Do German Shepherds like to cuddle?
3) They often snuggle or cuddle. Apart from following you around, German Shepherds like to feel physically close to you. Snuggling or cuddling is one of the best signs that your GSD is being affectionate because this is one way they treat you as part of their pack.
What is the best family dog?
List of Top Family Dogs
- Labrador Retriever.
- Irish Setter.
- Bull Terrier.
- Bulldog. For a devoted, patient pup that’s sure to act affectionately towards kids, the Bulldog is your go-to breed.
What is the smartest dog?
Check out the top ten smartest dog breeds.
- Border Collie. Smart, Energetic Dog: This breed is notably known for being high-energy herding dogs.
- Poodle. A Friendly, Active Breed: A Poodle is one of the smartest dog breeds.
- German Shepherd Dog.
- Golden Retriever.
- Doberman Pinscher.
- Shetland Sheepdog.
- Labrador Retriever.
Can German shepherds be left alone?
German Shepherds shouldn’t be left alone for longer than 4 hours. If you leave your GSD alone for too long, they could suffer from separation anxiety and distress. Consider hiring a dog sitter, dog-walker, or asking a friend to watch your German Shepherd while you’re out at work.
How much do German shepherds cost?
On average, the cost of a German Shepherd ranges from $500-$1,500. According to NextDayPets, the average price is $800 for a dog that’s bred to be a family pet. The price goes up for show-quality dogs with an exceptional lineage.
How do I pick a good German Shepherd puppy?
A German Shepherd puppy should have, first and foremost, a good temperament. They should be inquisitive, outgoing, and unafraid in his advances towards everything and everybody. They will also demand and exhibit affection without inhibition. Many times puppies will single out one of the litter to pick on.