German Shepherds have high energy levels. They can spend their whole days outdoor. If you love jogging, hiking and hunting, German Shepherds are one of the best companions you can have. If you have children at home, they can play with German Shepherds as long as they can because these dogs don’t get tired easily.
Reasons to get a German Shepherd
- Part of the reasons why German Shepherds are popular is because they are adaptable to any kind of lifestyle and living situation. Homes with a large yard is ideal for German Shepherds, but they can easily adapt to apartment living as long as they get enough exercise.
- 1 Is it good to have a German shepherd?
- 2 What are the pros and cons of a German shepherd?
- 3 What is special about German shepherds?
- 4 Is a German Shepherd a good first pet?
- 5 What is the best family dog?
- 6 What is the best dog to own?
- 7 Are German Shepherds cuddly?
- 8 Do German Shepherds bark a lot?
- 9 What is the smartest dog?
- 10 Is German shepherd a family dog?
- 11 Can German Shepherds be left alone?
- 12 Should I get a male or female German Shepherd puppy?
- 13 Is owning a German Shepherd hard?
- 14 Are German Shepherds high maintenance?
Is it good to have a German shepherd?
German shepherds can be very gentle companions and family protectors with proper training and socialization. It’s an ideal breed for active households. The intelligence and protective demeanor of this breed can make it a good choice for families with children as long as the dog is properly trained.
What are the pros and cons of a German shepherd?
Pros and cons of German Shepherds
- Handsome, natural-looking, athletic.
- Thrives on challenging activities and exercise.
- Loyal to his own family.
- Looks imposing and has a reputation that bad guys don’t want to fool with, so makes an effective deterrent.
- Highly intelligent and versatile – can learn almost anything.
What is special about German shepherds?
German Shepherds are famous for their intelligent, loyal, and hardworking natures. They are often used as guide, therapy, search-and-rescue, police, military, and narcotics and explosives detecting dogs. While they can come across as aloof to strangers, they are known to be wonderful family dogs.
Is a German Shepherd a good first pet?
German Shepherds are good first dogs for first-time owners. They are easy to train, obedient, affectionate, loyal, are good with kids and other pets, making them an excellent choice for both families or lone owners. However, they need a lot of exercise, shed a lot, and can become clingy.
What is the best family dog?
List of Top Family Dogs
- Labrador Retriever.
- Irish Setter.
- Bull Terrier.
- Bulldog. For a devoted, patient pup that’s sure to act affectionately towards kids, the Bulldog is your go-to breed.
What is the best dog to own?
RANKED: The 11 Best Dog Breeds
- German Shepherds.
- Golden Retrievers.
- Newfoundland Dog. Flickr/alicjap Known as “nature’s babysitter,” Newfoundland Dogs are the absolute sweetest.
- Portuguese Water Dog. POTUS is a big fan.
Are German Shepherds cuddly?
For the most part, German Shepherds do enjoy cuddling. Its in their nature to be loyal and protective; and remaining close to their owners is one such way that they can express their affection and also keep their owner safe. That being said, its important to note that not all dogs like to cuddle.
Do German Shepherds bark a lot?
German Shepherds have one of the loudest barks and they may bark so loudly that they don’t even hear you. You cannot out yell or scream your German Shepherd while they’re barking at strangers, plus this doesn’t teach them anything except that you also have a strong reaction to the stranger.
What is the smartest dog?
Check out the top ten smartest dog breeds.
- Border Collie. Smart, Energetic Dog: This breed is notably known for being high-energy herding dogs.
- Poodle. A Friendly, Active Breed: A Poodle is one of the smartest dog breeds.
- German Shepherd Dog.
- Golden Retriever.
- Doberman Pinscher.
- Shetland Sheepdog.
- Labrador Retriever.
Is German shepherd a family dog?
A German Shepherd is loyal and will bond well with the family children if started at an early age. A German Shepherd has a lot of stamina and energy, making him a great playmate for active kids.
Can German Shepherds be left alone?
German Shepherds shouldn’t be left alone for longer than 4 hours. If you leave your GSD alone for too long, they could suffer from separation anxiety and distress. Consider hiring a dog sitter, dog-walker, or asking a friend to watch your German Shepherd while you’re out at work.
Should I get a male or female German Shepherd puppy?
Research shows that males German Shepherds are more aggressive than female German Shepherds. This means that a family should consider choosing a female for a companion over a male. Males tend to perform better for roles in protection and guarding and could do well in a home without children and the proper training.
Is owning a German Shepherd hard?
Living with a German Shepherd can be highly rewarding or very frustrating, depending on the place they hold in the family and your own ability to train them. At heart, the German Shepherd is a pack animal and needs a role in your family, his pack (akc.org).
Are German Shepherds high maintenance?
The German Shepherd Dog (GSD) is a wonderful breed, but it is a “high maintenance” animal not suited for everyone. If you are unfamiliar with the GSD breed, please take the time to educate yourself about it. You can start right here by reading the following. German Shepherds require a serious commitment.